Redistributive Policies And Recipients: An Empirical Analysis
In this paper I present an empirical analysis of redistributive policies with particular attention to transfers. Theoretical considerations are compared with some empirical observations at three levels of analysis: supranational, national and sub-national. The main conclusion of my work is that, general speaking, redistributive policies do not follow normative criteria that predict they should be targeted to disadvantaged groups. Moreover, to some extent, a positive correlation between lobbiesâ€™ power and some dynamics of transfers favourable to middle classes arises.
Volume (Year): 2 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (May) ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www2.spiruharet.ro/facultati/facultate.php?id=9|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Mark Payne & Carles Boix & Alícia Adserà, 2000.
"Are You Being Served?: Political Accountability and Quality of Government,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
6478, Inter-American Development Bank.
- AlÌcia Adserý, 2003. "Are You Being Served? Political Accountability and Quality of Government," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(2), pages 445-490, October.
- Alicia Adsera & Carles Boix & Mark Payne, 2000. "Are You Being Served?: Political Accountability and Quality of Government," Research Department Publications 4241, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- André Sapir, 2006.
"Globalization and the Reform of European Social Models,"
Journal of Common Market Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 369-390, 06.
- André Sapir, 2006. "Globalisation and the reform of European social models," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8112, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- André Sapir, 2005. "Globalisation and the reform of European social models," Policy Contributions 31, Bruegel.
- André Sapir, 2006. "Globalization and the reform of European social models," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/167139, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Mueller, Dennis C & Stratmann, Thomas, 1994. "Informative and Persuasive Campaigning," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 81(1-2), pages 55-77, October.
- C. Seidl & Patrick Moyes & A. F. Shorrocks, 2002. "Inequalities: Theory, experiments and applications," Post-Print hal-00157353, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:shc:jaresh:v:2:y:2010:i:1:p:109-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudiu Chiru)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.