The volatility of the European capital markets during the curent financial crisis:what are saying the empirical evidences?
The uncertainty about the market’ evolutions are one striking characteristic of the financial crisis. The objective of this paper is to find some evidences for the pre/ crisis periods actual shifting in volatility for some major European markets. The methodology is based on two particular measures of volatility and in structural changes tests. The main output consists in the thesis that “volatility matters” for an extended financial crisis explanation.
|Date of creation:||31 Dec 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wan Mansor Mahmood & Marlinda Ali, 2007. "Interdependence among the Asian Pacific Stock Market during the Asian Financial Crisis," The IUP Journal of Applied Economics, IUP Publications, vol. 0(4), pages 22-34, July.
- Donald W.K. Andrews & Werner Ploberger, 1992.
"Optimal Tests When a Nuisance Parameter Is Present Only Under the Alternative,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1015, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Andrews, Donald W K & Ploberger, Werner, 1994. "Optimal Tests When a Nuisance Parameter Is Present Only under the Alternative," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(6), pages 1383-1414, November.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1993.
"Tests for Parameter Instability and Structural Change with Unknown Change Point,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 821-56, July.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1990. "Tests for Parameter Instability and Structural Change with Unknown Change Point," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 943, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:12448. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.