A test for model specification of diffusion processes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jiang, George J. & Knight, John L., 1997. "A Nonparametric Approach to the Estimation of Diffusion Processes, With an Application to a Short-Term Interest Rate Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(05), pages 615-645, October.
- P. M. Robinson, 1989. "Hypothesis Testing in Semiparametric and Nonparametric Models for Econometric Time Series," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(4), pages 511-534.
- Lo, Andrew W., 1988.
"Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Generalized Itô Processes with Discretely Sampled Data,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(02), pages 231-247, August.
- Andrew W. Lo, "undated". "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Generalized Ito Processes with Discretely Sampled Data," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 15-86, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Andrew W. Lo, 1986. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Generalized Ito Processes with Discretely Sampled Data," NBER Technical Working Papers 0059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cai, Zongwu & Hong, Yongmiao, 2003. "Nonparametric Methods in Continuous-Time Finance: A Selective Review," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2003,15, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Li, Qi, 1999. "Consistent model specification tests for time series econometric models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 101-147, September.
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia, 1999. "Transition Densities for Interest Rate and Other Nonlinear Diffusions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(4), pages 1361-1395, August.
- John C. Cox & Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. & Stephen A. Ross, 2005. "A Theory Of The Term Structure Of Interest Rates," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 5, pages 129-164 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- H. G. Müller & U. Stadtmüller, 1999. "Multivariate boundary kernels and a continuous least squares principle," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(2), pages 439-458.
- Fan, Yanqin & Li, Qi, 1996. "Consistent Model Specification Tests: Omitted Variables and Semiparametric Functional Forms," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 865-890, July.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Fan, Jianqing & Yao, Qiwei & Tong, Howell, 1996. "Estimation of conditional densities and sensitivity measures in nonlinear dynamical systems," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6704, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hjellvik, Vidar & Yao, Qiwei & Tjostheim, Dag, 1998. "Linearity testing using local polynominal approximation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6638, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Pritsker, Matt, 1998. "Nonparametric Density Estimation and Tests of Continuous Time Interest Rate Models," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(3), pages 449-487.
- Chen, Song Xi & Cui, Hengjian, 2007. "On the second-order properties of empirical likelihood with moment restrictions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 492-516, December.
- Ait-Sahalia, Yacine & Bickel, Peter J. & Stoker, Thomas M., 2001. "Goodness-of-fit tests for kernel regression with an application to option implied volatilities," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 363-412, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xu, Ke-Li, 2010. "Reweighted Functional Estimation Of Diffusion Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(02), pages 541-563, April.
- Xu, Ke-Li, 2009. "Empirical likelihood-based inference for nonparametric recurrent diffusions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 153(1), pages 65-82, November.
- Chen, Bin & Hong, Yongmiao, 2011. "Generalized spectral testing for multivariate continuous-time models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 164(2), pages 268-293, October.
- Kristensen, Dennis, 2011.
"Semi-nonparametric estimation and misspecification testing of diffusion models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 164(2), pages 382-403, October.
- Dennis Kristensen, 2010. "Semi-Nonparametric Estimation and Misspecification Testing of Diffusion Models," Discussion Papers 10-10, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Dennis Kristensen, 2010. "Semi-Nonparametric Estimation and Misspecification Testing of Diffusion Models," CREATES Research Papers 2010-43, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Monsalve-Cobis, Abelardo & González-Manteiga, Wenceslao & Febrero-Bande, Manuel, 2011. "Goodness-of-fit test for interest rate models: An approach based on empirical processes," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(12), pages 3073-3092, December.
- Song Xi Chen & Jiti Gao, 2010. "Simultaneous Testing of Mean and Variance Structures in Nonlinear Time Series Models," School of Economics Working Papers 2010-28, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Jianqing Fan & Yingying Fan & Jinchi Lv, 0. "Aggregation of Nonparametric Estimators for Volatility Matrix," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 5(3), pages 321-357.
- Song Chen & Ingrid Van Keilegom, 2009. "Rejoinder on: A review on empirical likelihood methods for regression," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 18(3), pages 468-474, November.
- Choi, Hwan-sik & Jeong, Minsoo & Park, Joon Y., 2014. "An asymptotic analysis of likelihood-based diffusion model selection using high frequency data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 178(P3), pages 539-557.
- Gao, Jiti & Casas, Isabel, 2008.
"Specification testing in discretized diffusion models: Theory and practice,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 131-140, November.
- Gao, Jiti & Casas, Isabel, 2006. "Specification testing in discretized diffusion models: Theory and practice," MPRA Paper 11980, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Aug 2007.
- Song, Zhaogang, 2011. "A martingale approach for testing diffusion models based on infinitesimal operator," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 162(2), pages 189-212, June.
- Vance Martin & Yoshihiko Nishiyama & John Stachurski, 2011.
"A Goodness of Fit Test for Ergodic Markov Processes,"
ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics
2011-557, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Vance Martin & Yoshihiko Nishiyama & John Stachurski, 2011. "A Goodness Of Fit Test For Ergodic Markov Processes," KIER Working Papers 787, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Lin, Liang-Ching & Lee, Sangyeol & Guo, Meihui, 2013. "Goodness-of-fit test for stochastic volatility models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 473-498.
More about this item
KeywordsBootstrap; diffusion process; empirical likelihood; goodness-of-fit test; time series; transitional density;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11976. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.