The Provision of a Public Good with a direct Provision Technology and a Large Number of Agents
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Stefan Behringer, 2005. "The Provision of a Public Good with a direct Provision Technology and Large Number of Agents," JEPS Working Papers 05-007, JEPS.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hanming Fang & Peter Norman, 2010.
"Optimal Provision of Multiple Excludable Public Goods,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 1-37, November.
- Hanming Fang & Peter Norman, 2003. "Optimal Provision of Multiple Excludable Public Goods," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1441R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Apr 2006.
- Hanming Fang & Peter Norman, 2008. "Optimal Provision of Multiple Excludable Public Goods," NBER Working Papers 13797, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Gerard-Varet, Louis-Andre, 1998.
"Knowledge as a public good: efficient sharing and incentives for development effort,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 389-404, November.
- D'Aspremont, C. & Bhattacharya, S. & Gerard-Varet, L.A., 1993. "Knowledge as a Public Good: Efficient Sharing and Incentives for Development Effort," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 93a18, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & BHATTACHARYA, Sudipto & GERARD-VARET, Louis-André, 1998. "Knowledge as a public good: efficient sharing and incentives for development effort," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1356, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Peter Norman, 2004. "Efficient Mechanisms for Public Goods with Use Exclusions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 71(4), pages 1163-1188.
- George J. Mailath & Andrew Postlewaite, 1990. "Asymmetric Information Bargaining Problems with Many Agents," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(3), pages 351-367.
- Roberts, John, 1976.
"The incentives for correct revelation of preferences and the number of consumers,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 359-374, November.
- ROBERTS, John, 1976. "The incentives for correct revelation of preferences and the number of consumers," CORE Discussion Papers RP 272, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Myerson, Roger B. & Satterthwaite, Mark A., 1983. "Efficient mechanisms for bilateral trading," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 265-281, April.
- Martin F. Hellwig, 2003. "Public-Good Provision with Many Participants," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(3), pages 589-614.
- Ehud Lehrer & Zvika Neeman, 2000. "The Scope of Anonymous Voluntary Bargaining Under Asymmetric Information," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(2), pages 309-326.
- Norman,P., 2000. "Efficient mechanisms for public goods with use exclusions," Working papers 15, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Werner Güth & Martin Hellwig, 1986.
"The private supply of a public good,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 121-159, December.
- Al-Najjar, Nabil I. & Smorodinsky, Rann, 2000. "Pivotal Players and the Characterization of Influence," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 318-342, June.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic Goods; Direct Provision; Asymmetric Information; Mechanism Design; Open Source Software;
- B21 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Microeconomics
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-IPR-2008-12-01 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-PBE-2008-12-01 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2008-12-01 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11796. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.