The Provision of a Public Good with a direct Provision Technology and a Large Number of Agents
This paper provides a limit result for the provision of a public good in a mechanism design framework as the number of agents gets large. What distinguishes the public good investigated in this analysis is its direct provision technology which is commonplace in modern information technologies.
|Date of creation:||12 Sep 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roger B. Myerson & Mark A. Satterthwaite, 1981.
"Efficient Mechanisms for Bilateral Trading,"
469S, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Roberts, John, 1976.
"The incentives for correct revelation of preferences and the number of consumers,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 359-374, November.
- ROBERTS, John, . "The incentives for correct revelation of preferences and the number of consumers," CORE Discussion Papers RP 272, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Werner Güth & Martin Hellwig, 1986.
"The private supply of a public good,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 121-159, December.
- Lehrer, Ehud & Neeman, Zvika, 2000. "The Scope of Anonymous Voluntary Bargaining under Asymmetric Information," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(2), pages 309-26, April.
- Al-Najjar, Nabil I. & Smorodinsky, Rann, 2000. "Pivotal Players and the Characterization of Influence," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 318-342, June.
- Martin F. Hellwig, 2003.
"Public-Good Provision with Many Participants,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(3), pages 589-614, 07.
- D'Aspremont, C. & Bhattacharya, S. & Gerard-Varet, L.A., 1993.
"Knowledge as a Public Good: Efficient Sharing and Incentives for Development Effort,"
93a18, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Gerard-Varet, Louis-Andre, 1998. "Knowledge as a public good: efficient sharing and incentives for development effort," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 389-404, November.
- Peter Norman, 2004.
"Efficient Mechanisms for Public Goods with Use Exclusions,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 71(4), pages 1163-1188, October.
- Norman,P., 2000. "Efficient mechanisms for public goods with use exclusions," Working papers 15, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Hanming Fang & Peter Norman, 2003.
"Optimal Provision of Multiple Excludable Public Goods,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1441R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Apr 2006.
- Hanming Fang & Peter Norman, 2010. "Optimal Provision of Multiple Excludable Public Goods," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 1-37, November.
- Hanming Fang & Peter Norman, 2008. "Optimal Provision of Multiple Excludable Public Goods," NBER Working Papers 13797, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mailath, George J & Postlewaite, Andrew, 1990. "Asymmetric Information Bargaining Problems with Many Agents," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 351-67, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11796. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.