Tourism and Regional Competitiveness: the Case of the Portuguese Douro Valley
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Argentino Pessoa, 2004. "Institutional innovations, growth performance and policy," ERSA conference papers ersa04p157, European Regional Science Association.
- Tisdell, C., 1987. "Tourism, The Environment and Profit," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 13-30.
- Argentino Pessoa & Mário Rui Silva, 2009. "Environment Based Innovation: Policy Questions," FEP Working Papers 308, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Lerner, Miri & Haber, Sigal, 2001. "Performance factors of small tourism ventures: The interface of tourism, entrepreneurship and the environment," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 77-100, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Argentino Pessoa, 2013.
"Competitiveness, Clusters And Policy At The Regional Level: Rhetoric Vs. Practice In Designing Policy For Depressed Regions,"
Regional Science Inquiry,
Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(1), pages 101-116, June.
- Argentino Pessoa, 2010. "Competitiveness, Clusters and Policy at the Regional Level: Rhetoric vs. Practice in Designing Policy for Depressed Regions," FEP Working Papers 386, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Argentino Pessoa, 2011. "How high is the ability of tourism to reverse the course of depressed regions? An appraisal based on the recovery of the Portuguese Douro Valley," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1148, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
KeywordsDouro Valley; environmental resources; regional competitiveness; tourism;
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
- R19 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Other
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2008-11-04 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENV-2008-11-04 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2008-11-04 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-MKT-2008-11-04 (Marketing)
- NEP-TUR-2008-11-04 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:fepwps:299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fepuppt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.