Proportional Concessions and the Leximin Solution
In this note we introduce a new axiom for bargaining solutions, named Proportional Concession Monotonicity (PCM), which imposes that no player benefits when all players collectively make proportional concessions with respect to their respective utopia values. We reconsider the leximin solution (Imai, 1983), and obtain an alternative characterization on the basis of PCM.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.kgk.uni-obuda.hu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nejat Anbarci, 1995. "Reference Functions and Balanced Concessions in Bargaining," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(3), pages 675-82, August.
- Kalai, Ehud & Smorodinsky, Meir, 1975. "Other Solutions to Nash's Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(3), pages 513-18, May.
- Imai, Haruo, 1983. "Individual Monotonicity and Lexicographic Maxmin Solution," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 389-401, March.
- Driesen, Bram & Perea, Andrés & Peters, Hans, 2011. "The Kalai-Smorodinsky bargaining solution with loss aversion," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 58-64, January.
- Roth, Alvin E., 1977. "Independence of irrelevant alternatives, and solutions to Nash's bargaining problem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 247-251, December.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521027038 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ehud Kalai, 1977.
"Proportional Solutions to Bargaining Situations: Interpersonal Utility Comparisons,"
179, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kalai, Ehud, 1977. "Proportional Solutions to Bargaining Situations: Interpersonal Utility Comparisons," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(7), pages 1623-30, October.
- Chun, Youngsub & Peters, Hans, 1991. "The lexicographic equal-loss solution," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 151-161, October.
- Nash, John, 1950. "The Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 18(2), pages 155-162, April.
- Mark A. Chen, 2000. "Individual monotonicity and the leximin solution," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 353-365.
- Chang, Chih & Liang, Meng-Yu, 1998. "A characterization of the lexicographic Kalai-Smorodinsky solution for n=3," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 307-319, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pkk:wpaper:1106.rdf. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandra Vécsey)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.