Moral hazard and the financial crisis of 2007-9: An Explanation for why the subprime mortgage defaults and the housing market collapse produced a financial crisis that was more severe than any previous crashes (with exception of the Great Depression of 1929)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- George A. Akerlof, 2009. "How Human Psychology Drives the Economy and Why It Matters," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1175-1175.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Costa Cabral, Nazare, 2010.
"Breve guia temático e bibliográfico sobre o estudo da actual crise financeira e económica
[Short thematic guide to the study of current financial and economic crisis]," MPRA Paper 20743, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ronald Degen, 2014. "How graduate business schools professors can assist in reducing today's lack of ethics in business," Working Papers 109, globADVANTAGE, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
- Ronald Jean Degen, 2013. "How career counseling, management coaching, and mentoring can assist in reducing today's lack of ethics in business," Working Papers 105, globADVANTAGE, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
- Dilyana Dimova, 2012. "The Role of Consumer Leverage in Generating Financial Crises," Economics Series Working Papers 631, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsmoral hazard; financial crisis of 2007-9; burst of the housing bubble; subprime mortgages crisis; shadow-banking crisis;
- L0 - Industrial Organization - - General
- M0 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - General
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pil:wpaper:46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nuno Reis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deiplpt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.