Pakistan’s Wage Structure, during 1990-91–2006-07
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Amjad, Rashid, 2006. "Employment strategies and labor market policies: interlinkages with macro and sectoral policies," MPRA Paper 39177, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Krugman, Paul R., 2000. "Technology, trade and factor prices," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 51-71, February.
- Abdul Qayyum & Idrees Khawaja & Asma Hyder, 2008. "Growth Diagnostics in Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2008:47, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Abid A. Burki & Shabbir Ahmad, 2007. "Corporate Governance Changes in PakistanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Banking Sector : Is There a Performance Effect?," Governance Working Papers 22251, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Azizur Rahman Khan, 1967. "What Has Been Happening to Real Wages in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 7(3), pages 317-347.
- World Bank, 2002. "Globalization, Growth, and Poverty : Building an Inclusive World Economy," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 14051, December.
- Bushra Yasmin & Aliya H. Khan, 2005. "Trade Liberalisation and Labour Demand Elasticities: Empirical Evidence for Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 44(4), pages 1067-1089.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:297942 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Guisinger & Mohammad Irfan, 1974. "Real Wages of Industrial Workers in Pakistan: 1954 to 1970," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 13(4), pages 363-388.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M. Ali Choudhary & Saima Mahmood & Sajawal Khan & Waqas Ahmed & Gylfi Zoega, 2013.
"Sticky Wages in a Developing Country: Lessons from Structured Interviews in Pakistan,"
School of Economics Discussion Papers
0213, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Waqas Ahmed & Muhammad Ali Choudhary & Sajawal Khan & Saima Naeem & Gylfi Zoega, 2013. "Stick Wages in a Developing Country: Lessons from Structured Interviews in Pakistan," SBP Working Paper Series 55, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- G. M. Arif & Nasir Iqbal & Shujaat Farooq, 2011. "The Persistence and Transition of Rural Poverty in Pakistan: 1998-2004," PIDE-Working Papers 2011:74, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mohammad Irfan, 2009. "PakistanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Wage Structure, during 1990-91Ã¢â‚¬â€œ2006-07," Labor Economics Working Papers 22979, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Muhammad Irfan, 2010. "A Review of the Labour Market Research at PIDE 1957-2009," PIDE Books, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, number 2010:1 edited by Rashid Amjad & Aurangzeb A. Hashmi, December.
- Zafar A. Shaheed, 1979. "Union Leaders, Worker Organization and Strikes: Karachi 1969‐72," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 181-204, April.
- Paolo Epifani & Gino Gancia, 2008.
"The Skill Bias of World Trade,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(530), pages 927-960, July.
- Epifani, Paolo & Gancia, Gino, 2002. "The Skill Bias of World Trade," Seminar Papers 707, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Paolo Epifani & Gino Gancia, 2004. "The Skill Bias of World Trade," Working Papers 184, Barcelona School of Economics.
- Paolo Epifani & Gino Gancia, 2002. "The Skill Bias of World Trade," KITeS Working Papers 129, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Mar 2001.
- Paolo Epifani & Gino Gancia, 2004. "The skill bias of world trade," Economics Working Papers 833, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Mar 2007.
- Schulte, Patrick, 2015. "Does skill-biased technical change diffuse internationally?," ZEW Discussion Papers 15-088, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Peter Huber & Peter Mayerhofer & Helmut Hofer & Gerhard Palme, 2001. "Teilprojekt 9: Auswirkungen der EU-Erweiterung auf den österreichischen Arbeitsmarkt," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 19839, September.
- Fofack, Hippolyte, 2008. "Technology trap and poverty trap in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4582, The World Bank.
- Chiquiar Daniel & Covarrubias Enrique & Salcedo Alejandrina, 2017. "Labor market consequences of trade openness and competition in foreign markets," Working Papers 2017-01, Banco de México.
- Beckmann, Michael, 2000. "Unternehmenspolitik, Managerkontrolle und Personalabbau in Deutschland : theoretische Ansätze und empirische Analyse mit Daten des IAB-Betriebspanels (Corporate policy, manager control and staff reduc," Mitteilungen aus der Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 33(4), pages 594-608.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Xiaokai Yang & Dingsheng Zhang, 1999.
"Trade Pattern and Economic Development when Endogenous and Exogenous Comparative Advantages Coexist,"
CID Working Papers
03A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Yang, X. & Sachs, J.D. & Zhang, D., 1999. "Trade Pattern and Economic Development when Endogenous and Exogenous Comparative Advantage Coexist," Papers 3, Chicago - Graduate School of Business.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Xiaokai Yang & Dingsheng Zhang, 1999. "Trade Pattern and Economic Development when Endogenous and Exogenous Comparative Advantages Coexist," CID Working Papers 3, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Tschopp, Jeanne, 2015.
"The Wage Response to Shocks: The Role of Inter-Occupational Labour Adjustment,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 28-37.
- Tschopp, Jeanne, 2011. "The Wage Response to Shocks: The Role of Inter-Occupational Labor Adjustment," Papers 235, World Trade Institute.
- Jeanne Tschopp, 2015. "The Wage Response to Shocks: The Role of Inter-Occupational Labour Adjustment," Working Papers 054, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
- Bernhard G. GUNTER & Rolph HOEVEN, 2004.
"The social dimension of globalization: A review of the literature,"
International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 143(1-2), pages 7-43, March.
- Gunter, Bernhard G. & Hoeven, Rolph van der., 2004. "The social dimension of globalization : a review of the literature," ILO Working Papers 993712373402676, International Labour Organization.
- Michael D. Intriligator, 2009.
"Globalisation of the World Economy: Potential Benefits and Costs and a Net Assessment,"
Chapters, in: Linda Yueh (ed.), The Law and Economics of Globalisation, chapter 11,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Intriligator, Michael D., 2004. "Globalization of the world economy: potential benefits and costs and a net assessment," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 485-498, June.
- Craig A. Depken & Maja Nikšić Radić & Hana Paleka, 2021. "Causality between Foreign Remittance and Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence from Croatia," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(21), pages 1, November.
- Jisang Yu & Nelson B. Villoria & Nathan P. Hendricks, 2020. "The Incidence of Foreign Market Accessibility on Farmland Rental Rates," NBER Working Papers 27180, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0298 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steven Deller & Philip Watson, 2016. "Spatial variations in the relationship between economic diversity and stability," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(7), pages 520-525, May.
- Gene M. Grossman & Esteban Rossi-Hansberg, 2008. "Trading Tasks: A Simple Theory of Offshoring," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(5), pages 1978-1997, December.
- Sugata Marjit & Suryaprakash Mishra & Sandip Sarkar & Lei Yang, 2019. "Trade, Inequality and Distribution-neutral Fiscal Policy," Foreign Trade Review, , vol. 54(2), pages 61-74, May.
- Justin Caron & Thibault Fally & James Markusen, 2021.
"Per capita income and the demand for skills,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: BROADENING TRADE THEORY Incorporating Market Realities into Traditional Models, chapter 12, pages 251-268,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Caron, Justin & Fally, Thibault & Markusen, James, 2017. "Per Capita Income and the Demand for Skills," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt96g8f3k0, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Caron, Justin & Fally, Thibault & Markusen, James, 2020. "Per Capita Income and the Demand for Skills," Conference papers 333139, Purdue University, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Global Trade Analysis Project.
- Justin Caron & Thibault Fally & James Markusen, 2017. "Per Capita Income and the Demand for Skills," NBER Working Papers 23482, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Justin Caron & Thibault Fally & James R. Markusen, 2017. "Per Capita Income and the Demand for Skills," CESifo Working Paper Series 6514, CESifo.
- Markusen, James & Caron, Justin & Fally, Thibault, 2017. "Per-Capita Income and the Demand for Skills," CEPR Discussion Papers 12077, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Aggarwal, Rimjhim M., 2006. "Globalization, local ecosystems, and the rural poor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1405-1418, August.
More about this item
KeywordsWages; Wage Structure; Pakistan;
All these keywords.
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2009-08-02 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2009-08-02 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2009-08-02 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pid:wpaper:2009:54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/pideipk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Khurram Iqbal (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/pideipk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.