Labour Market Analysis using Time Series Models: Russia 1999-2011
We investigate the relationship between the main indicators of the labour market in Russia. We try to construct a model of the Russian labour market and identify key relationships. Our special attention is drawn to the impact of the crisis on the Russian labour market and influence of oil price on labor market indicators. We estimated two types of models. They are systems of simultaneous equations model (SEM) and VECM. We received that real wage in Russia are more flexible than employment. During the crisis period real wage was decreasing. SEM model shows that real wage positively depends on real oil price. While the number of employed and unemployment donâ€™t depend on real oil price.
|Date of creation:||16 Sep 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +39 075 5855279
Fax: +39 075 5855299
Web page: http://www.econ.unipg.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Löschel, Andreas & Oberndorfer, Ulrich, 2009.
"Oil and Unemployment in Germany,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
08-136, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Andreas Löschel & Ulrich Oberndorfer, 2009. "Oil and Unemployment in Germany," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 229(2-3), pages 146-162, June.
- Carstensen, Kai & Hansen, Gerd, 2000.
"Cointegration and common trends on the West German labour market,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
19947, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Kai Carstensen & Gerd Hansen, 2000. "Cointegration and common trends on the West German labour market," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 475-493.
- E. Gurvich & E. Vakulenko & P. Krivenko, 2009. "Cyclicality of Fiscal Policy in Oil-Producing Countries," Problems of Economic Transition, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 52(1), pages 24-53, May.
- Roberto Bande & Marika Karanassou, 2009.
"Labour market flexibility and regional unemployment rate dynamics: Spain 1980-1995,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 181-207, 03.
- Roberto Bande & Marika Karanassou, 2006. "Labour Market Flexibility and Regional Unemployment Rate Dynamics: Spain 1980-1995," Working Papers 574, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Bande, Roberto & Karanassou, Marika, 2007. "Labour Market Flexibility and Regional Unemployment Rate Dynamics: Spain 1980-1995," IZA Discussion Papers 2593, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Roberto Bande & Marika Karanassou, 2006. "Labour Market Flexibility and Regional Unemployment Rate Dynamics: Spain (1980-1995)," ERSA conference papers ersa06p53, European Regional Science Association.
- Yasuo Nakanishi, 2001. "Dynamic labour demand using error correction model," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(6), pages 783-790.
- Peter Summers, 2000. "Labour Market Analysis with VAR Models," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2000n19, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Lorenzo Corsini & Marco Guerrazzi, 2004. "Searching for Long Run Equilibrium Relationships in the Italian Labour Market: a Cointegrated VAR Approach," Discussion Papers 2004/43, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Helge Braun & Reinout De Bock & Riccardo DiCecio, 2007.
"Supply shocks, demand shocks, and labor market fluctuations,"
2007-015, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Helge Braun & Reinout De Bock & Riccardo DiCecio, 2009. "Supply shocks, demand shocks, and labor market fluctuations," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 155-178.
- Akhmed Akhmedov & Evgenia Bessonova & Ivan Cherkashin & Irina Denisova & Elena Grishina & Denis Nekipelov, 2003. "WTO Accession and the Labor Market: Estimations for Russia," Working Papers w0040, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Addison, John T. & Teixeira, Paulino, 2001. "Employment Adjustment in Portugal: Evidence from Aggregate and Firm Data," IZA Discussion Papers 391, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pia:wpaper:120/2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Davide Castellani)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.