Development of Regional Production and Logistic Networks in East Asia: the Case of the Philippines
Regional production networks and local production linkages are important not only for the generation of industrial activity through investment flows but also as essential sources of new information and technology. Complementing this are the so-called knowledge networks within or around industrial agglomerations that are equally important sources of technology for industrial upgrading and innovation. Both are present in the case study area of CALABARZON in the Philippines but the former seem to be more apparent than the latter as this has been characterized as weak based on secondary data and conduct of survey of establishments. With weaknesses in the S&T system in the country as part of the study’s findings, policy suggestions were provided to strengthen the linkages that remain to be wanting but are important for stimulating innovation.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: NEDA sa Makati Building, 106 Amorsolo St., Legaspi Village, Makati City,|
Web page: http://www.pids.gov.ph/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rafaelita M. Aldaba & Josef T. Yap, 2009.
"Investment and Capital Flows : Implications of the ASEAN Economic Community,"
Macroeconomics Working Papers
22949, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Rafaelita M. Aldaba & Josef T. Yap, 2009. "Investment and Capital Flows : Implications of the ASEAN Economic Community," Trade Working Papers 23087, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Yap, Josef T. & Aldaba, Rafaelita M., 2009. "Investment and Capital Flows: Implications of the ASEAN Economic Community," Discussion Papers DP 2009-01, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Rafaelita M. Aldaba, 2008.
"SMEs in the Philippine Manufacturing Industry and Globalization : Meeting the Development Challenges,"
Development Economics Working Papers
21955, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M., 2008. "SMEs in the Philippine Manufacturing Industry and Globalization: Meeting the Development Challenges," Discussion Papers DP 2008-15, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:dpaper:dp_2010-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.