Development of Regional Production and Logistic Networks in East Asia : the Case of the Philippines
Regional production networks and local production linkages are important not only for the generation of industrial activity through investment flows but also as essential sources of new information and technology. Complementing this are the so-called knowledge networks within or around industrial agglomerations that are equally important sources of technology for industrial upgrading and innovation. Both are present in the case study area of CALABARZON in the Philippines but the former seem to be more apparent than the latter as this has been characterized as weak based on secondary data and conduct of survey of establishments. With weaknesses in the S&T system in the country as part of the studys findings, policy suggestions were provided to strengthen the linkages that remain to be wanting but are important for stimulating innovation.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: JG Crawford Building #13, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, Australian National University, ACT 0200|
Web page: http://www.eaber.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rafaelita M. Aldaba & Josef T. Yap, 2009.
"Investment and Capital Flows : Implications of the ASEAN Economic Community,"
Trade Working Papers
23087, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Yap, Josef T. & Aldaba, Rafaelita M., 2009. "Investment and Capital Flows: Implications of the ASEAN Economic Community," Discussion Papers DP 2009-01, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Rafaelita M. Aldaba & Josef T. Yap, 2009. "Investment and Capital Flows : Implications of the ASEAN Economic Community," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22949, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M., 2008. "SMEs in the Philippine Manufacturing Industry and Globalization: Meeting the Development Challenges," Discussion Papers DP 2008-15, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Rafaelita M. Aldaba, 2008. "SMEs in the Philippine Manufacturing Industry and Globalization : Meeting the Development Challenges," Development Economics Working Papers 21955, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:tradew:23099. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.