Measuring Economic Lifecycle and Flows across Population Age Groups: Data and Methods in the Application of the NTA in the Philippines
This paper provides an overview of the National Transfer Accounts (NTA) system and then describes the methods and data used in the application of NTA in the Philippines. The NTA system is consistent with the System of National Accounts. It provides methodologies for assigning labor earnings and consumption to population age groups, and for estimating reallocation or transfer of economic resources across age groups. Age reallocations are generally from the working age groups to children and the elderly. Data sources for the estimation of components of the NTA Flow Accounts for the Philippines include National Income Accounts, National Health Accounts, National Education Expenditure Accounts, household income and expenditure surveys, and government finance documents. Some Philippine NTA results are presented as examples, specifically the age profiles of current consumption (C), labor income (YL), and the lifecycle deficit (LCD).
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: NEDA sa Makati Building, 106 Amorsolo St., Legaspi Village, Makati City,|
Web page: http://www.pids.gov.ph/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aniceto C. Orbeta Jr., 2006.
"Children and Household Savings in the Philippines,"
Development Economics Working Papers
22672, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C. & Pernia, Ernesto M., 1999. "Population Growth and Economic Development in the Philippines: What Has Been the Experience and What Must Be Done?," Discussion Papers DP 1999-22, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Ruperto P. Alonzo, et al, 2004. "Population and Poverty : The Real Score," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 200415, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C., 2004.
"Population and Poverty: A Review of the Links, Evidence and Implications for the Philippines,"
Philippine Journal of Development
PJD 2003 Vol. XXX No. 2-c, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C., 2002. "Population and Poverty: A Review of the Links, Evidence and Implications for the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2002-21, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Aniceto C. Orbeta, 2006.
"Poverty, Vulnerability and Family Size: Evidence from the Philippines,"
in: Poverty Strategies in Asia, chapter 6
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aniceto C. Orbeta Jr., 2005. "Poverty, Vulnerability and Family Size : Evidence from the Philippines," Development Economics Working Papers 22671, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C., 2005. "Poverty, Vulnerability and Family Size: Evidence from the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2005-19, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:dpaper:dp_2007-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.