The Informal Sector, Second Version
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicoletta Batini & Young-Bae Kim & Paul Levine & Emanuela Lotti, 2009.
"Informal Labour and Credit Markets: A Survey,"
School of Economics Discussion Papers
0609, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Batini, Nicoletta & Kim, Young-Bae & Levine, Paul & Lotti, Emanuela, 2011. "Informal Labour and Credit Markets: A Survey," Working Papers 11/94, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Paul L Levine & Emanuela Lotti & Nicoletta Batini & Young-Bae Kim, 2010. "Informal Labour and Credit Markets; A Survey," IMF Working Papers 10/42, International Monetary Fund.
- Alexander Libman & Janis N. Kluge, 2017. "Sticks or Carrots? Comparing Effectiveness of Government Shadow Economy Policies in Russia," Working Papers 364, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Keen, Michael, 2008.
"VAT, tariffs, and withholding: Border taxes and informality in developing countries,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(10-11), pages 1892-1906, October.
- Michael Keen, 2007. "VAT, Tariffs, and Withholding; Border Taxes and Informality in Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 07/174, International Monetary Fund.
- Gabrieli, T. & Galvao Jr, A. F. & Montes-Rojas, G., 2010.
"Who benefits from reducing the cost of formality? Quantile regression discontinuity analysis,"
10/07, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Tommaso Gabrieli & Antonio F. Galvao, Jr. & Antonio F. Galvao, Jr., 2010. "Who Benefits from Reducing the Cost of Formality? Quantile Regression Discontinuity Analysis," Real Estate & Planning Working Papers rep-wp2010-11, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Marcus H Böhme & Rainer Thiele, 2014.
"Informal–Formal Linkages and Informal Enterprise Performance in Urban West Africa,"
The European Journal of Development Research,
Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 26(4), pages 473-489, September.
- Böhme, Marcus & Thiele, Rainer, 2012. "Informal-formal linkages and informal enterprise performance in urban West Africa," Kiel Working Papers 1751, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Arvin-Rad, Hassan & Basu, Arnab K. & Willumsen, Maria, 2010.
"Economic reform, informal-formal sector linkages and intervention in the informal sector in developing countries: A paradox,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 662-670, October.
- Arvin-Rad, Hassan & Basu, Arnab K. & Willumsen, Maria, 2010. "Economic Reform, Informal-Formal Sector Linkages and Intervention in the Informal Sector in Developing Countries: A Paradox," IZA Discussion Papers 5229, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Naudé, Wim, 2011.
"Entrepreneurship is Not a Binding Constraint on Growth and Development in the Poorest Countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 33-44, January.
- Naude, Wim, 2009. "Entrepreneurship is not a Binding Constraint on Growth and Development in the Poorest Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 045, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Michael Keen, 2012. "Taxation and Development; Again," IMF Working Papers 12/220, International Monetary Fund.
- Fajnzylber, Pablo & Maloney, William F. & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel V., 2011. "Does formality improve micro-firm performance? Evidence from the Brazilian SIMPLES program," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 262-276, March.
- Rita Almeida & Pedro Carneiro, 2012.
"Enforcement of Labor Regulation and Informality,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 64-89, July.
- Rita Almeida & Pedro Carneiro, 2011. "Enforcement of labor regulation and informality," CeMMAP working papers CWP29/11, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Almeida, Rita K. & Carneiro, Pedro, 2011. "Enforcement of Labor Regulation and Informality," IZA Discussion Papers 5902, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Belal Fallah, 2014. "The Pros and Cons of Formalizing Informal MSES in the Palestinian Economy," Working Papers 893, Economic Research Forum, revised Dec 2014.
- Rand, John & Torm, Nina, 2012. "The Benefits of Formalization: Evidence from Vietnamese Manufacturing SMEs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 983-998.
- Loayza, Norman V. & Rigolini, Jamele, 2011. "Informal Employment: Safety Net or Growth Engine?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1503-1515, September.
- Hsu, Minchung & Huang, Xianguo & Yupho, Somrasri, 2015. "The development of universal health insurance coverage in Thailand: Challenges of population aging and informal economy," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 227-236.
More about this item
KeywordsInformal Sector; VAT; Tax Avoidance;
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H3 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
- K4 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAW-2007-11-10 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2007-11-10 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pen:papers:07-035. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dolly Guarini). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deupaus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .