Technological Upgradation in the Jute Mills of Bangladesh: Challenges and Way Out
In view of the recent rise of global demand for jute goods and consequent revitalisation of jute manufacturing sector in Bangladesh, the paper has examined the market potentials of jute goods at local and international level, and has revealed that there is scope for creating a huge local demand for raw jute which will contribute to increased production. Based on the findings from a sample-based survey, the paper put forward necessary suggestions required to modernise the machineries, improve the production process, and develop the human resources in the jute manufacturing sector to enhance the sector’s capacity and competitiveness.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: House 40C, Road 32, Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka 1000|
Phone: (880-2) 8124770
Fax: (880-2) 8130951
Web page: http://www.cpd.org.bd
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mustafizur Rahman & Nafisa Khaled, 2011. "Global Market Opportunities in Export of Jute," CPD Working Paper 93, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD).
- Khondaker Golam Moazzem & Md Tariqur Rahman & Md Abdus Sobhan, 2009.
"Jute Manufacturing Sector of Bangladesh: Challenges, Opportunities and Policy Options,"
CPD Working Paper
78, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD).
- Khondaker Golam Moazzem & Md Tariqur Rahman & Abdus Sobhan, 2009. "Jute Manufacturing Sector of Bangladesh Challenges, Opportunities and Policy Options," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22294, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pdb:opaper:100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Avra Bhattacharjee)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.