Using Forward Markets to Improve Electricity Market Design
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ausubel, Lawrence M. & Cramton, Peter, 2010. "Using forward markets to improve electricity market design," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 195-200, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cramton, Peter & Stoft, Steven, 2008.
"Forward reliability markets: Less risk, less market power, more efficiency,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 194-201, September.
- Peter Cramton & Steven Stoft, 2008. "Forward Reliability Markets: Less Risk, Less Market Power, More Efficiency," Papers of Peter Cramton 08frm, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2008.
- Peter Cramton & Steven Stoft, 2006. "The Convergence of Market Designs for Adequate Generating Capacity," Papers of Peter Cramton 06mdfra, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2006.
- Oren, Shmuel S., 2005. "Generation Adequacy via Call Options Obligations: Safe Passage to the Promised Land," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(9), pages 28-42, November.
- Peter Cramton, 2007. "Colombia’s Forward Energy Market," Papers of Peter Cramton 07fem, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2007.
- Peter Cramton & Steven Stoft & Jeffrey West, 2006. "Simulation of the Colombian Firm Energy Market," Papers of Peter Cramton 06scfem, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2006.
- Lawrence M. Ausubel & Peter Cramton, 2004. "Auctioning Many Divisible Goods," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 2(2-3), pages 480-493, 04/05.
- Peter Cramton & Steven Stoft, 2007. "Colombia Firm Energy Market," Papers of Peter Cramton 07cfem, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2007.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cuervo, Felipe Isaza & Botero, Sergio Botero, 2016. "Wind power reliability valuation in a Hydro-Dominated power market: The Colombian case," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1359-1372.
- Olaya, Yris & Arango-Aramburo, Santiago & Larsen, Erik R., 2016. "How capacity mechanisms drive technology choice in power generation: The case of Colombia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 563-571.
- Ramos, Ariana & De Jonghe, Cedric & Gómez, Virginia & Belmans, Ronnie, 2016. "Realizing the smart grid's potential: Defining local markets for flexibility," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 26-35.
- Ritz, Robert A., 2016.
"How does renewables competition affect forward contracting in electricity markets?,"
Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 135-139.
- Robert A. Ritz, 2016. "How does renewables competition affect forward contracting in electricity markets?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1617, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Wierzbowski, Michal & Filipiak, Izabela, 2017. "Enhanced operational reserve as a tool for development of optimal energy mix," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 602-615.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:272-285 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arango, Santiago & Larsen, Erik, 2011. "Cycles in deregulated electricity markets: Empirical evidence from two decades," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2457-2466, May.
- van Eijkel, Remco & Kuper, Gerard H. & Moraga-González, José L., 2016. "Do firms sell forward for strategic reasons? An application to the wholesale market for natural gas," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 1-35.
- Adams, R. & Jamasb, J., 2016. "Optimal Power Generation Portfolios with Renewables: An Application to the UK," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1646, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
More about this item
KeywordsAuctions; electricity auctions; market design; forward markets;
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2010-01-23 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2010-01-23 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pcc:pccumd:09ufm. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Cramton). General contact details of provider: http://www.cramton.umd.edu .