Health and Labor Supply Dynamics of Older Married Workers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Blau, David M, 1998. "Labor Force Dynamics of Older Married Couples," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(3), pages 595-629, July.
- Blau, David M. & Riphahn, Regina T., 1999.
"Labor force transitions of older married couples in Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 229-252, June.
- Blau, David M. & Riphahn, Regina T., 1998. "Labor Force Transitions of Older Married Couples in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 5, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Blau, David & Riphahn, Regina, 1998. "Labour Force transitions of Older Married Couples in Germany," CEPR Discussion Papers 1911, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephen Wu, 2003. "The Effects of Health Events on the Economic Status of Married Couples," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(1).
- Rosen, H.S.Harvey S. & Wu, Stephen, 2004. "Portfolio choice and health status," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 457-484, June.
- Jiménez-Martín, Sergi & Labeaga, José M. & Martínez-Granado, Maite, 1999.
"Health status and retirement decisison for older european couples,"
UC3M Working papers. Economics
6170, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Jiménez-Martín, Sergi & Labeaga, José M. & Martínez Granado, Maite, 1999. "Health status and retirement decisions for older European couples," IRISS Working Paper Series 1999-01, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1984. "Panel data," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 22, pages 1247-1318 Elsevier.
- Chou, Y. J. & Staiger, Douglas, 2001. "Health insurance and female labor supply in Taiwan," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 187-211, March.
- Blau, David M, 1994. "Labor Force Dynamics of Older Men," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 117-156, January.
- Bound, John & Schoenbaum, Michael & Stinebrickner, Todd R. & Waidmann, Timothy, 1999.
"The dynamic effects of health on the labor force transitions of older workers,"
Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 179-202, June.
- John Bound & Michael Schoenbaum & Todd R. Stinebrickner & Timothy Waidmann, 1998. "The Dynamic Effects of Health on the Labor Force Transitions of Older Workers," NBER Working Papers 6777, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Disney, Richard & Emmerson, Carl & Wakefield, Matthew, 2006.
"Ill health and retirement in Britain: A panel data-based analysis,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 621-649, July.
- Richard Disney & Carl Emmerson & Matthew Wakefield, 2003. "Ill health and retirement in Britain: a panel data based analysis," IFS Working Papers W03/02, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Nigel Rice & Jennifer Roberts & Andrew M. Jones, 2006.
"Sick of work or too sick to work? Evidence on health shocks and early retirement from the BHPS,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
06/13, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Nigel Rice & Jennifer Roberts & Andrew M. Jones, 2007. "Sick of work or too sick to work? Evidence on health shocks and early retirement from the BHPS," Working Papers 2007002, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2007.
- Franco Peracchi, 2002. "The European Community Household Panel: A review," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 63-90.
- Michaud, P.C., 2003. "Joint Labour Supply Dynamics of Older Couples," Discussion Paper 2003-69, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Currie, Janet & Madrian, Brigitte C., 1999. "Health, health insurance and the labor market," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 50, pages 3309-3416 Elsevier.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Cappellari, Lorenzo & Dorsett, Richard & Haile, Getinet, 2007.
"State dependence, duration dependence and unobserved heterogeneity in the employment transitions of the over-50s,"
ISER Working Paper Series
2007-16, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Richard Dorsett & Getinet Haile, 2007. "State dependence, duration dependence and unobserved heterogeneity in the employment transitions of the over-50s," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Economia dell'Impresa e del Lavoro ieil0049, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Berkowitz, Michael K. & Qiu, Jiaping, 2006. "A further look at household portfolio choice and health status," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1201-1217, April.
- Thomas C. Buchmueller & Robert G. Valletta, 1999.
"The Effect of Health Insurance on Married Female Labor Supply,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(1), pages 42-70.
- Thomas C. Buchmueller & Robert G. Valletta, 1996. "The effect of health insurance on married female labor supply," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 96-09, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Ronald Hagan & Andrew M. Jones & Nigel Rice, 2006. "Health and retirement in Europe," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 06/10, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Eugenio Zucchelli & Anthony Harris & Nigel Rice & Andrew M. Jones, 2007. "Health and Retirement among Older Workers," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 07/19, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Booker, Cara L. & Pudney, Stephen, 2013. "In sickness and in health? Comorbidity in older couples," ISER Working Paper Series 2013-30, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsLabor supply; health; married workers;
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2008-04-15 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2008-04-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2008-04-15 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2008-04-15 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pad:wpaper:0073. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Raffaele Dei Campielisi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dspadit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.