The Relationship Between the Markup and Inflation in the G7 Plus One Economies
An I(2) analysis of inflation and the markup in undertaken for the G7 economies and Australia. We find that the levels of prices and costs are best described as I(2) processes and that except for Japan a linear combination of the log levels of process and costs cointegrate to the markup that is integrated of order 1. It is shown that the markup in each case cointegrates with inflation and that higher inflation leads to a lower markup on the steady state. The lower markup is interpreted as the higher cost to firms of overcoming missing information.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Manor Rd. Building, Oxford, OX1 3UQ|
Web page: http://www.economics.ox.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johansen, Søren, 1992. "A Representation of Vector Autoregressive Processes Integrated of Order 2," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 188-202, June.
- Gregoir, Stephane & Laroque, Guy, 1994. "Polynomial cointegration estimation and test," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 183-214, July.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- repec:cup:etheor:v:8:y:1992:i:2:p:188-202 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gregoir, Stéphane & Laroque, Guy, 1993. "Multivariate Time Series: A Polynomial Error Correction Representation Theorem," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(03), pages 329-342, June.
- Niels Haldrup, 1998. "An Econometric Analysis of I(2) Variables," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(5), pages 595-650, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxf:wpaper:99205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Birds)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.