Trade and the Pattern of European Imperialism, 1492-2000
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Roberto Bonfatti, 2013. "Trade and the Pattern of European Imperialism, 1492-2000," Discussion Papers 2013-01, University of Nottingham, GEP.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacks, David S., 2014. "Defying gravity: The Imperial Economic Conference and the reorientation of Canadian trade," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 19-39.
- Kevin H. O'Rourke, Leandro Prados de la Escosura and Guilllaume Daudin, 2008.
"Trade and Empire, 1700-1870,"
The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series
- Guillaume Daudin & Kevin H. O’Rourke & Leandro Prados de la Escosura, 2008. "Trade and Empire, 1700-1870," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2008-24, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Guillaume Daudin & Kevin O'Rourke & Leandro Prados De La Escosura, 2008. "Trade and Empire, 1700-1870," Sciences Po publications 2008-24, Sciences Po.
- Daudin, Guillaume & O'Rourke, Kevin H. & Prados de la Escosura, Leandro, 2008. "Trade and Empire, 1700-1870," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp08-09, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Kevin H. O'Rourke & Leandro Prados de la Escosura & Guillaume Daudin, 2008. "Trade and Empire, 1700-1870," Trinity Economics Papers tep0208, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics, revised May 2008.
- Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2008. "Globalization and the Great Divergence: Terms of Trade Booms and Volatility in the Poor Periphery 1782-1913," Working Papers 08-07, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Carlos, Ann M., 2003. "The Rise of Commercial Empires: England and the Netherlands in the Age of Mercantilism, 1650â€“1770. By David Ormond. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003. Pp. ix, 388. $75.00," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 63(4), pages 1154-1155, December.
- Emanuel Ornelas, 2005. "Rent Destruction and the Political Viability of Free Trade Agreements," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 120(4), pages 1475-1506.
- Robert C. Allen, 2003. "Progress and poverty in early modern Europe," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 56(3), pages 403-443, August.
- Robert W. Staiger & Kyle Bagwell, 1999. "An Economic Theory of GATT," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(1), pages 215-248, March.
- John Gallagher & Ronald Robinson, 1953. "The Imperialism Of Free Trade," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 6(1), pages 1-15, August.
- Garfinkel , Michelle & Skaperdas, Stergios & Syropoulos, Constantinos, 2012. "Trade and Insecure Resources: Implications for Welfare and Comparative Advantage," School of Economics Working Paper Series 2012-8, LeBow College of Business, Drexel University.
- Krugman, Paul R, 1981. "Intraindustry Specialization and the Gains from Trade," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 959-973, October.
- David S. Jacks, 2011. "Defying Gravity: The 1932 Imperial Economic Conference and the Reorientation of Canadian Trade," NBER Working Papers 17242, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gino Gancia, 2014.
"Globalization and Political Structure,"
2014 Meeting Papers
644, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gino Gancia & Giacomo A. M. Ponzetto & Jaume Ventura, 2017. "Globalization and political structure," Working Papers 2017/17, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Gino Gancia & Giacomo A.M. Ponzetto & Jaume Ventura, 2016. "Globalization and Political Structure," Working Papers 878, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Gino Gancia & Giacomo A.M. Ponzetto & Jaume Ventura, 2016. "Globalization and Political Structure," NBER Working Papers 22046, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gino Gancia & Giacomo A. M. Ponzetto & Jaume Ventura, 2016. "Globalization and political structure," Economics Working Papers 1513, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2018.
- Gancia, Gino A & Ponzetto, Giacomo AM & Ventura, Jaume, 2016. "Globalization and Political Structure," CEPR Discussion Papers 11159, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bonfatti, Roberto, 2017. "The sustainability of empire in a global perspective: The role of international trade patterns," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 137-156.
- Bonfatti, Roberto, 2017.
"The sustainability of empire in a global perspective: The role of international trade patterns,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 137-156.
- Roberto Bonfatti, 2012. "The Sustainability of Empire in Global Perspective: The Role of International Trade Patterns," CESifo Working Paper Series 3857, CESifo.
- Infante-Amate, Juan & Krausmann, Fridolin, 2019. "Trade, Ecologically Unequal Exchange and Colonial Legacy: The Case of France and its Former Colonies (1962–2015)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 98-109.
More about this item
KeywordsImperialism; Preferential trade agreements; Intra-industry trade; Hegemonic stability;
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F5 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy
- N4 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2012-08-23 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxf:wpaper:618. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Pouliquen) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Anne Pouliquen to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.