Return and Volatility Spillovers between Japanese and Chinese Stock Markets FAn Analysis of Overlapping Trading Hours with High-frequency Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yoshiro Tsutsui & Kenjiro Hirayama & Takahiro Tanaka & Nobutaka Uesugi, 2007. "Special Quotes Invoke Autocorrelation in Japanese Stock Prices ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 21(4), pages 369-386, December.
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1981. "On the bias in flexible functional forms and an essentially unbiased form : The fourier flexible form," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 211-245, February.
- Masih, Abul M. M. & Masih, Rumi, 1999. "Are Asian stock market fluctuations due mainly to intra-regional contagion effects? Evidence based on Asian emerging stock markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 251-282, August.
- Mukherjee, Kedar nath & Mishra, Ram Kumar, 2010. "Stock market integration and volatility spillover: India and its major Asian counterparts," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 235-251, June.
- Laurent, Sebastien & Peters, Jean-Philippe, 2002. " G@RCH 2.2: An Ox Package for Estimating and Forecasting Various ARCH Models," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 447-485, July.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Masulis, Ronald W & Ng, Victor, 1990. "Correlations in Price Changes and Volatility across International Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 281-307.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Ng, Lilian K., 1996. "A causality-in-variance test and its application to financial market prices," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 33-48.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Bollerslev, Tim & Mikkelsen, Hans Ole, 1996.
"Fractionally integrated generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 3-30, September.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Baillie, Bollerslev, Mikkelson FIGARCH results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00009, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Kenjiro Hirayama & Yoshiro Tsutsui, 2009. "Are Chinese Stock Investors Watching Tokyo? An Analysis of Intraday High-Frequency Data from Two Chinese Stock Markets and the Tokyo Stock," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 09-35, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Yusaku Nishimura & Ming Men, 2010. "The paradox of China's international stock market co-movement: Evidence from volatility spillover effects between China and G5 stock markets," Journal of Chinese Economic and Foreign Trade Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 235-253, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nishimura, Yusaku & Tsutsui, Yoshiro & Hirayama, Kenjiro, 2015.
"Intraday return and volatility spillover mechanism from Chinese to Japanese stock market,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 23-42.
- Yusaku Nishimura & Yoshiro Tsutsui & Kenjiro Hirayama, 2014. "Intraday Return and Volatility Spillover Mechanism from Chinese to Japanese Stock Market," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 14-01, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- repec:agh:journl:v:18:y:2017:i:1:p:87-102 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsYield spreads; intraday return and volatility spillover effects; high-frequency data; intraday periodicity; CCF approach; Flexible Fourier Form;
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:osk:wpaper:1201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Atsuko SUZUKI). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feosujp.html .