Competitive Altruism and Endogenous Reference Group Selection in Private Provision of Environmental Public Goods
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harbaugh, William T., 1998. "What do donations buy?: A model of philanthropy based on prestige and warm glow," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 269-284, February.
- Frank, Robert H, 1985. "The Demand for Unobservable and Other Nonpositional Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 101-116, March.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Glazer, Amihai & Konrad, Kai A, 1996. "A Signaling Explanation for Charity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 1019-1028, September.
- Armin Falk & Markus Knell, 2004.
"Choosing the Joneses: Endogenous Goals and Reference Standards,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 106(3), pages 417-435, October.
- Falk, Armin & Knell, Markus, 2004. "Choosing the Joneses: Endogenous Goals and Reference Standards," IZA Discussion Papers 1152, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Falk, Armin & Knell, Markus, 2004. "Choosing the Joneses: Endogenous Goals and Reference Standards," CEPR Discussion Papers 4459, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
Keywordscompetitive altruism; reference groups; endogenous reference standard; pro-environmental behavior; private public good provision;
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- Q00 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2013-06-09 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2013-06-09 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2013-06-09 (Evolutionary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:old:dpaper:350. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catharina Schramm) or (Alberto Gude). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwoldde.html .