Compliance cost of the personal income tax in India, 2000-01: Preliminary estimates
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeff Pope, 1993. "The Compliance Costs of Taxation in Australia and Tax Simplification: The Issues," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 18(1), pages 69-89, June.
- Slemrod, Joel & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 2002. "Tax avoidance, evasion, and administration," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 22, pages 1423-1470 Elsevier.
- Joel Slemrod & Shlomo Yitzhaki, 1996. "The Costs of Taxation and the Marginal Efficiency Cost of Funds," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(1), pages 172-198, March.
- Pitt, Mark M & Slemrod, Joel, 1989.
"The Compliance Cost of Itemizing Deductions: Evidence from Individual Tax Returns,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1224-1232, December.
- Mark M. Pitt & Joel Slemrod, 1988. "The Compliance Cost of Itemizing Deductions: Evidence from Individual Tax Returns," NBER Working Papers 2526, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Pope & R. Fayle, 1993. "The Compliance Costs of Taxation in Australia and Tax Simplification," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 93-25, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Hudson, John & Godwin, Michael, 2000. "The compliance costs of collecting direct tax in the UK:: An analysis of PAYE and National Insurance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 29-44, July.
- Peter Bardsley, 1995.
"Simplifying the Tax Law: Some Implications for Small Business,"
1995.26, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Peter Bardsley, 1995. "Simplifying the Tax Law: Some Implications for Small Business," Working Papers 1995.26, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- David Collard & Michael Godwin, 1999. "Compliance costs for employers: UK PAYE and National Insurance," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 20(4), pages 423-449, December.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:npf:wpaper:04/9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (S.Siva Chidambaram). General contact details of provider: http://www.nipfp.org.in .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.