The Value of Advanced Traveler Information Systems for Route Choice
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Khattak, Asad J., 1993. "Behavioral Impacts Of Recurring And Incident Congestion And Response To Advanced Traveler Information Systems In The Bay Area: An Overview," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt9dp3w95q, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Richard H. M. Emmerink & Erik T. Verhoef & Peter Nijkamp & Piet Rietveld, 1996. "Endogenising demand for information in road transport," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 30(2), pages 201-222.
- Sengupta, Raja & Hongola, Bruce, 1998. "Estimating ATIS Benefits For The Smart Corridor," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt6ps9d86x, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
- P. D. F. Strydom, 1994. "The economics of information," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Austrian Economics, chapter 24 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Al-Deek, Haitham M. & Khattak, Asad J. & Thananjeyan, Paramsothy, 1998. "A combined traveler behavior and system performance model with advanced traveler information systems," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 479-493, September.
- Khattak, Asad & Kanafani, Adib & Le Colletter, Emmanuel, 1994. "Stated And Reported Route Diversion Behavior: Implications On The Benefits Of ATIS," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt4fz4h20k, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Levinson, David & Gillen, David & Chang, Elva, 1999. "Assessing the Benefits and Costs of Intelligent Transportation Systems: The Value of Advanced Traveler Information Systems," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt9m8534tc, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Emmerink, Richard H. M. & Verhoef, Erik T. & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 1997. "Information in road networks with multiple origin-destination pairs," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 217-240, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:transb:v:104:y:2017:i:c:p:710-732 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chorus, Caspar G. & Arentze, Theo A. & Molin, Eric J.E. & Timmermans, Harry J.P. & Van Wee, Bert, 2006. "The value of travel information: Decision strategy-specific conceptualizations and numerical examples," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 504-519, July.
- Guohui Zhang & Zhong Wang & Khali Persad & C. Walton, 2014. "Enhanced traffic information dissemination to facilitate toll road utilization: a nested logit model of a stated preference survey in Texas," Transportation, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 231-249, March.
- Caspar Chorus & Theo Arentze & Harry Timmermans, 2007. "Information impact on quality of multimodal travel choices: conceptualizations and empirical analyses," Transportation, Springer, vol. 34(6), pages 625-645, November.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:10:p:1690-:d:112904 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anthony Ziegelmeyer & Frédéric Koessler & Kene Boun My & Laurent Denant-Boèmont, 2008.
"Road Traffic Congestion and Public Information: An Experimental Investigation,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 42(1), pages 43-82, January.
- Kene Boun My & Laurent Denant-Boèmont & Frédéric Koessler & Marc Willinger & Anthony Ziegelmeyer, 2006. "Road Traffic Congestion and Public Information: An Experimental Investigation," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2006-20, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Anthony Ziegelmeyer & Frédéric Koessler & Kene Boun My & Laurent Denant-Boèmont, 2008. "Road traffic congestion and public information : an experimental investigation," Post-Print halshs-00333755, HAL.
- Anthony Ziegelmeyer & Frédéric Koessler & Kene Boun My & Laurent Denant-Boèmont, 2007. "Road Traffic Congestion and Public Information: An Experimental Investigation," THEMA Working Papers 2007-05, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Zhang, Rong & Verhoef, Erik T., 2006.
"A monopolistic market for advanced traveller information systems and road use efficiency,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 424-443, June.
- Rong Zhang & Erik T. Verhoef, 2004. "A Monopolistic Market for Advanced Traveller Information Systems and Road Use Efficiency," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-014/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Piet Rietveld, 2011. "The Economics of Information in Transport," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 24 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Irene Casas & Mei-Po Kwan, 2007. "The Impact of Real-Time Information on Choices During the Commute Trip: Evidence from a Travel Simulator," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 523-543.
- Lei Zhang & David Levinson, 2006. "Determinants of Route Choice and the Value of Traveler Information," Working Papers 200808, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Jou, Rong-Chang & Lam, Soi-Hoi & Liu, Yu-Hsin & Chen, Ke-Hong, 2005. "Route switching behavior on freeways with the provision of different types of real-time traffic information," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 445-461, June.
- Zhao, Y. & Triantis, K. & Teodorovic, D. & Edara, P., 2010. "A travel demand management strategy: The downtown space reservation system," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 205(3), pages 584-594, September.
- Soriguera, Francesc, 2014. "On the value of highway travel time information systems," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 294-310.
- AndrÃ© De Palma & Nathalie Picard, 2005. "Congestion on risky routes with risk adverse drivers," ERSA conference papers ersa05p423, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
KeywordsTransportation Information Systems; In-Vehicle Navigation; En-Route Guidance; Electronic Route Guidance; Advanced Traveler Information Systems;
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
- R48 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government Pricing and Policy
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nex:wpaper:atis. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Levinson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nexmnus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.