The Incentive for Vertical Integration
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nicholas Economides, 1994. "The Incentive for Vertical Integration," Working Papers 94-05, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Nicholas Economides, 2005. "The Incentive for Vertical Integration," Working Papers 05-01, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Economides, Nicholas & Salop, Steven C, 1992. "Competition and Integration among Complements, and Network Market Structure," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 105-123, March.
- Comanor, William S & Frech, H E, III, 1985. "The Competitive Effects of Vertical Agreements?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 539-546, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1973. "A Note on the Theory of Vertical Integration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages 442-449, Part I, M.
- Salinger, Michael A, 1989. "The Meaning of "Upstream" and "Downstream" and the Implications for Modeling Vertical Mergers," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(4), pages 373-387, June.
- Michael A. Salinger, 1988. "Vertical Mergers and Market Foreclosure," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 103(2), pages 345-356.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicholas Economides, 2007.
"Nonbanks in the payments system: vertical integration issues,"
Proceedings – Payments System Research Conferences,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Nicholas Economides, 2007. "Nonbanks in the Payments System: Vertical Integration Issues," Working Papers 07-06, NET Institute.
- Nicholas Economides, 2007. "Nonbanks in the Payments System: Vertical Integration Issues," Working Papers 07-22, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsMergers; vertical integration;
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2006-08-26 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2006-08-26 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2006-08-26 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:net:wpaper:0501. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Economides). General contact details of provider: http://www.NETinst.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.