Vertical Ownership, Program Network Carriage, and Tier Positioning in Cable Television: An Empirical Study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1973. "A Note on the Theory of Vertical Integration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages 442-449, Part I, M.
- Tasneem Chipty & Christopher M. Snyder, 1999. "The Role Of Firm Size In Bilateral Bargaining: A Study Of The Cable Television Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 326-340, May.
- Salinger, Michael A, 1991. "Vertical Mergers in Multi-product Industries and Edgeworth's Paradox of Taxation," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(5), pages 545-556, September.
- Ordover, Janusz A & Saloner, Garth & Salop, Steven C, 1990. "Equilibrium Vertical Foreclosure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 127-142, March.
- Sartori, Anne E., 2003. "An Estimator for Some Binary-Outcome Selection Models Without Exclusion Restrictions," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 111-138, March.
- Michael A. Salinger, 1988. "Vertical Mergers and Market Foreclosure," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 103(2), pages 345-356.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387, March.
- Austan Goolsbee & Amil Petrin, 2004. "The Consumer Gains from Direct Broadcast Satellites and the Competition with Cable TV," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(2), pages 351-381, March.
- Hart, O. & Tirole, J., 1990. "Vertical Integration And Market Foreclosure," Working papers 548, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Waterman, David & Weiss, Andrew A., 1996. "The effects of vertical integration between cable television systems and pay cable networks," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 357-395.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robin Lee & Michael Whinston & Ali Yurukoglu & Gregory Crawford, 2013.
"The Welfare Effects of Vertical Integration in Multichannel Television Markets,"
2013 Meeting Papers
81, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gregory S. Crawford & Robin S. Lee & Michael D. Whinston & Ali Yurukoglu, 2015. "The Welfare Effects of Vertical Integration in Multichannel Television Markets," NBER Working Papers 21832, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Crawford, Gregory S. & Lee, Robin S. & Whinston, Michael & Yurukoglu, Ali, 2016. "The Welfare Eff ects of Vertical Integration in Multichannel Television Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 11202, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christopher Yoo, 2014. "Merger Review by the Federal Communications Commission: Comcast–NBC Universal," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 45(3), pages 295-321, November.
More about this item
KeywordsVertical integration; Cable television; Program carriage; Program positioning;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:30:y:2007:i:3:p:227-251. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .