World Trade Flows, 1970-1992, with Production and Tariff Data
This paper describes two databases dealing with world bilateral trade flows: the World Trade Database (WTDB) assembled by Statistics Canada, which contains bilateral trade flows for all countries over 1970-1992, classified according to the Standard International Trade Classification, Revision 2 (with some modification); and the Compatible Trade and Production (COMTAP) database assembled by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), which contains production of manufactured goods in OECD countries and bilateral trade flows between these countries and all their trading partners over 1970-1985, classified according to the International Standard Industrial Classification, Revision 2. These databases are available to academic users on the CD-ROM. Also contained on the CD-ROM is information on country factor endowments, tariff and non-tariff barriers for selected countries, and input-output tables for the United Kingdom and the United States. The WTDB database is made available under a license with Statistics Canada, the terms of which are described herein, and the COMTAP database is made available by permission of the OECD. A revised version of this data set is available on CD-ROM.
|Date of creation:||Jan 1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- K. C. Fung, 1998.
"Accounting for Chinese Trade: Some National and Regional Considerations,"
in: Geography and Ownership as Bases for Economic Accounting, pages 173-204
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- K.C. Fung, 1996. "Accounting for Chinese Trade: Some National and Regional Considerations," NBER Working Papers 5595, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong-Wha, 1993.
"International comparisons of educational attainment,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 363-394, December.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 1993. "International Comparisons of Educational Attainment," NBER Working Papers 4349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keith E. Maskus, 1991. "Comparing International Trade Data and Product and National Characteristics Data for the Analysis of Trade Models," NBER Chapters, in: International Economic Transactions: Issues in Measurement and Empirical Research, pages 17-60 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert M. Lichtenberg, 1959. "The Role of Middleman Transactions in World Trade," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number lich59-1, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:5910. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.