Residential Mobility and Mortgages
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeremy C. Stein, 1993. "Prices and Trading Volume in the Housing Market: A Model with Downpayment Effects," NBER Working Papers 4373, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oskar R. Harmon & Michael J. Potepan, 1988. "Housing Adjustment Costs: Their Impact on Mobility and Housing Demand Elasticities," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 16(4), pages 459-478.
- Bartel, Ann P, 1979. "The Migration Decision: What Role Does Job Mobility Play?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 775-786, December.
- Genesove, David & Mayer, Christopher J, 1997.
"Equity and Time to Sale in the Real Estate Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 255-269, June.
- David Genesove & Christopher J. Mayer, 1993. "Equity and time to sale in the real estate market," Working Papers 93-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Genesove, D. & Mayer, C.J., 1994. "Equity and Time to Sale in the Real Estate Market," Working papers 94-02, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- David Genesove & Christopher J. Mayer, 1994. "Equity and Time to Sale in the Real Estate Market," NBER Working Papers 4861, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Lawrence F. Katz, 1992. "Regional Evolutions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(1), pages 1-76.
- Borjas, George J. & Bronars, Stephen G. & Trejo, Stephen J., 1992.
"Self-selection and internal migration in the United States,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 159-185, September.
- George J. Borjas & Stephen G. Bronars & Stephen J. Trejo, 1992. "Self-Selection and Internal Migration in the United States," NBER Working Papers 4002, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nakagami, Yasuhiro & Pereira, Alfredo M., 1991. "Housing appreciation, mortgage interest rates, and homeowner mobility," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 271-292, November.
- Andrew Caplin & Charles Freeman & Joseph Tracy, 1993. "Collateral Damage: How Refinancing Constraints Exacerbate Regional Recessions," NBER Working Papers 4531, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Quigley, John M, 1987. "Interest Rate Variations, Mortgage Prepayments and Household Mobility," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(4), pages 636-643, November.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Gronberg, Timothy J. & Reed, W. Robert, 1992. "Estimation of duration models using the Annual Housing Survey," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 311-324, May.
- Kiel, Katherine A., 1994. "The Impact of House Price Appreciation on Household Mobility," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 92-108, June.
- Henderson, J. Vernon & Ioannides, Yannis M., 1989. "Dynamic aspects of consumer decisions in housing markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 212-230, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Engelhardt, Gary V. & Mayer, Christopher J., 1998.
"Intergenerational Transfers, Borrowing Constraints, and Saving Behavior: Evidence from the Housing Market,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 135-157, July.
- Gary V. Engelhardt & Christopher J. Mayer, 1995. "Intergenerational transfers, borrowing constraints, and saving behavior: evidence from the housing market," Working Papers 95-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
More about this item
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:5181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.