A Time-Series Analysis of Unemployment and Health: The Case of Birth Outcomes in New York City
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joyce, Theodore, 1990. "A time-series analysis of unemployment and health : The case of birth outcomes in New York city," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 419-436, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1988. "Variable Trends in Economic Time Series," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 147-174, Summer.
- Plosser, Charles I. & Schwert*, G. William, 1978. "Money, income, and sunspots: Measuring economic relationships and the effects of differencing," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 637-660, November.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Breusch, T S, 1978. "Testing for Autocorrelation in Dynamic Linear Models," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(31), pages 334-355, December.
- Godfrey, Leslie G, 1978. "Testing for Higher Order Serial Correlation in Regression Equations When the Regressors Include Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1303-1310, November.
- Nelson, Charles R & Kang, Heejoon, 1984.
"Pitfalls in the Use of Time as an Explanatory Variable in Regression,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 2(1), pages 73-82, January.
- Charles R. Nelson & Heejoon Kang, 1983. "Pitfalls in the use of Time as an Explanatory Variable in Regression," NBER Technical Working Papers 0030, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1985:75:8:866-869_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hope Corman & Theodore J. Joyce & Michael Grossman, 1985. "Birth Outcome Production Functions in the U.S," NBER Working Papers 1729, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engle, Robert F. & Yoo, Byung Sam, 1987. "Forecasting and testing in co-integrated systems," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 143-159, May.
- Nelson, Charles R. & Plosser, Charles I., 1982. "Trends and random walks in macroeconmic time series : Some evidence and implications," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 139-162.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reichman, Nancy E. & Florio, Maryanne J., 1996. "The effects of enriched prenatal care services on Medicaid birth outcomes in New Jersey," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 455-476, August.
- Audrey Laporte, 2004. "Do economic cycles have a permanent effect on population health? Revisiting the Brenner hypothesis," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(8), pages 767-779.
- Hope Corman & Dhaval M. Dave & Nancy E. Reichman, 2017.
"Evolution of the Infant Health Production Function,"
NBER Working Papers
24131, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hope Corman & Dhaval M. Dave & Nancy E. Reichman, 2017. "Evolution of the Infant Health Production Function," Working Papers id:12331, eSocialSciences.
- Theodore Joyce & Naci Mocan, 1993.
"Unemployment and Infant Health: Time-Series Evidence from the State of Tennessee,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(1), pages 185-203.
- Theodore J. Joyce & Naci H. Mocan, 1991. "Unemployment and Infant Health: Times-Series Evidence from the State of Tennessee," NBER Working Papers 3694, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stewart, Jennifer M., 2001.
"The impact of health status on the duration of unemployment spells and the implications for studies of the impact of unemployment on health status,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 781-796, September.
- Jennifer Stewart, 1999. "The Impact of Health Status on the Duration of Unemployment Spells and the Implications for Studies of the Impact of Unemployment on Health Status," Working Papers 33, National University of Ireland Galway, Department of Economics, revised 1999.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:3:y:1999:i:pc:p:3085-3139 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Cawley & Kosali I. Simon, 2003.
"The Impact of Macroeconomic Conditions on the Health Insurance Coverage of Americans,"
NBER Chapters,in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 6, pages 87-114
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cawley John & Simon Kosali I., 2003. "The Impact of Macroeconomic Conditions on the Health Insurance Coverage of Americans," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-30, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:2834. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .