Growth, Technological Progress, and Trade
Recent developments in the theory of economic growth and dynamic trade theory are reviewed and interpreted. These include growth based on economies of scale, trade with product development, and product cycles. It is argued that there is need for more work in this area in order to understand the relationship between trade and growth.
|Date of creation:||May 1988|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||published as Empirica 1 `88 - Austrian Economic Papers, pp. 5-25, (1988).|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.|
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1988.
"Product Development And International Trade,"
132, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Helpman, Elhanan & Grossman, Gene M., 1989. "Product Development and International Trade," Scholarly Articles 3445094, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1988. "Product Development and International Trade," NBER Working Papers 2540, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- H. Oniki & H. Uzawa, 1965. "Patterns of Trade and Investment in a Dynamic Model of International Trade," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 15-37.
- Dollar, David, 1986.
"Technological Innovations, Capital Mobility, and the Product Cycle inNorth-South Trade,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 177-90, March.
- Dollar, David, 1983. "Technological Innovation, Capital Mobility, and the Product Cycle in North-South Trade," Working Papers 83-31, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Richard Jensen & Marie Thursby, 1987. "A Decision Theoretic Model of Innovation, Technology Transfer, and Trade," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(4), pages 631-647.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:2592. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.