Nowcasting the Local Economy: Using Yelp Data to Measure Economic Activity
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hyunjin Kim & Michael Luca, 2019. "Nowcasting the Local Economy: Using Yelp Data to Measure Economic Activity," NBER Chapters, in: Big Data for 21st Century Economic Statistics, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hyunjin Kim & Michael Luca, 2017. "Nowcasting the Local Economy: Using Yelp Data to Measure Economic Activity," Harvard Business School Working Papers 18-022, Harvard Business School, revised Oct 2017.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jorge Guzman & Scott Stern, 2016. "Nowcasting and Placecasting Entrepreneurial Quality and Performance," NBER Chapters, in: Measuring Entrepreneurial Businesses: Current Knowledge and Challenges, pages 63-109, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Susan Athey & Michael Luca, 2019.
"Economists (and Economics) in Tech Companies,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 209-230, Winter.
- Susan Athey & Michael Luca, 2018. "Economists (and Economics) in Tech Companies," Harvard Business School Working Papers 19-027, Harvard Business School.
- Athey, Susan & Luca, Michael, 2018. "Economists (and Economics) in Tech Companies," Research Papers 3735, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Susan Athey & Michael Luca, 2018. "Economists (and Economics) in Tech Companies," NBER Working Papers 25064, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Hersh & Matthew Harding, 2018. "Big Data in economics," IZA World of Labor, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), pages 451-451, September.
- Soraya SEDKAOUI & Rafika Benaichouba, 2019. "How data analytics drive sharing economy business models?," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 9911754, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Bailey, Michael & Farrell, Patrick & Kuchler, Theresa & Stroebel, Johannes, 2020. "Social connectedness in urban areas," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C).
- Bailey, Michael & Farrell, Patrick & Kuchler, Theresa & Ströbel, Johannes, 2019. "Social Connectedness in Urban Areas," CEPR Discussion Papers 13822, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Bailey & Patrick Farrell & Theresa Kuchler & Johannes Stroebel, 2019. "Social Connectedness in Urban Areas," NBER Working Papers 26029, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ron Tidhar & Kathleen M. Eisenhardt, 2020. "Get rich or die trying… finding revenue model fit using machine learning and multiple cases," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(7), pages 1245-1273, July.
- Schintler, Laurie A. & Fischer, Manfred M., 2018. "Big Data and Regional Science: Opportunities, Challenges, and Directions for Future Research," Working Papers in Regional Science 2018/02, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Indaco, Agustín, 2019. "From Twitter to GDP: Estimating Economic Activity From Social Media," MPRA Paper 95885, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- E17 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-GEO-2017-11-26 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-MAC-2017-11-26 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PAY-2017-11-26 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-URE-2017-11-26 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:24010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.