Improving the Numerical Performance of BLP Static and Dynamic Discrete Choice Random Coefficients Demand Estimation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rust, John, 1987. "Optimal Replacement of GMC Bus Engines: An Empirical Model of Harold Zurcher," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 999-1033, September.
- Aviv Nevo, 2000. "Mergers with Differentiated Products: The Case of the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(3), pages 395-421, Autumn.
- Harikesh Nair, 2007.
"Intertemporal price discrimination with forward-looking consumers: Application to the US market for console video-games,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME),
Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 239-292, September.
- Nair, Harikesh S., 2006. "Intertemporal Price Discrimination with Forward-Looking Consumers: Application to the US Market for Console Video-Games," Research Papers 1947, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- repec:cdl:compol:217 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel McFadden & Kenneth Train, 2000. "Mixed MNL models for discrete response," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 447-470.
- Christopher R. Knittel & Konstantinos Metaxoglou, 2008. "Estimation of Random Coefficient Demand Models: Challenges, Difficulties and Warnings," NBER Working Papers 14080, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reynaert, Mathias & Verboven, Frank, 2014.
"Improving the performance of random coefficients demand models: The role of optimal instruments,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 179(1), pages 83-98.
- REYNAERT, Mathias & VERBOVEN, Frank, 2012. "Improving the performance of random coefficients demand models: The role of optimal instruments," Working Papers 2012011, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Reynaert, Mathias & Verboven, Frank, 2012. "Improving the Performance of Random Coefficients Demand Models: the Role of Optimal Instruments," CEPR Discussion Papers 9026, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mathias REYNAERT & Frank VERBOVEN, 2012. "Improving the performance of random coefficients demand models: the role of optimal instruments," Working Papers Department of Economics ces12.07, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Vivienne Pham & David Prentice, 2010.
"An empirical Analysis of the Counter-factual: A Merger and Divestiture in the Australian Cigarette Industry,"
2010.08, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Pham, Vivienne & Prentice, David, 2010. "An empirical analysis of the counterfactual: a merger and divestiture in the Australian cigarette industry," MPRA Paper 26713, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vivienne Pham & David Prentice, 2010. "An empirical Analysis of the Counter-factual: A Merger and Divestiture in the Australian Cigarette Industry," Working Papers 2010.08 EDIRC Provider-In, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- German Zenetti & Thomas Otter, 2014. "Bayesian estimation of the random coefficients logit from aggregate count data," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 43-84, March.
- Christopher R. Knittel & Konstantinos Metaxoglou, 2011. "Challenges in Merger Simulation Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 56-59, May.
- Laura Grigolon & Frank Verboven, 2014.
"Nested Logit or Random Coefficients Logit? A Comparison of Alternative Discrete Choice Models of Product Differentiation,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 96(5), pages 916-935, December.
- Grigolon, Laura & Verboven, Frank, 2011. "Nested logit or random coefficients logit? A comparison of alternative discrete choice models of product differentiation," CEPR Discussion Papers 8584, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Peter Davis & Pasquale Schiraldi, 2014.
"The flexible coefficient multinomial logit (FC-MNL) model of demand for differentiated products,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 45(1), pages 32-63, March.
- Davis, Peter & Schiraldi, Pasquale, 2013. "The flexible coefficient multinomial logit (FC-MNL) model of demand for differentiated products," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 54252, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Schiraldi, Pasquale & Davis, Peter, 2014. "The flexible coefficient multinomial logit (FC-MNL) model of demand for differentiated products," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 46855, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Dae-Yong Ahn & Jason A. Duan & Carl F. Mela, 2011. "An Equilibrium Model of User Generated Content," Working Papers 11-13, NET Institute, revised Dec 2011.
- Yu Zheng & Juan Pantano, 2012. "Using Subjective Expectations Data to Allow for Unobserved Heterogeneity in Hotz-Miller Estimation Strategies," 2012 Meeting Papers 940, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Steven Berry & Panle Jia, 2010.
"Tracing the Woes: An Empirical Analysis of the Airline Industry,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 1-43, August.
- Steven Berry & Panle Jia, 2008. "Tracing the Woes: An Empirical Analysis of the Airline Industry," NBER Working Papers 14503, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Panle Jia Barwick & Parag A. Pathak, 2015.
"The costs of free entry: an empirical study of real estate agents in Greater Boston,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 46(1), pages 103-145, March.
- Panle Jia Barwick & Parag A. Pathak, 2011. "The Costs of Free Entry: An Empirical Study of Real Estate Agents in Greater Boston," NBER Working Papers 17227, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- L0 - Industrial Organization - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2009-05-23 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-ECM-2009-05-23 (Econometrics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:14991. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.