Rent-Seeking and Trade Policy: An Industry Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Robert Baldwin, 1984. "Rent-seeking and trade policy: An industry approach," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 120(4), pages 662-677, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert C. Feenstra & Jagdish N. Bhagwati, 1982. "Tariff Seeking and the Efficient Tariff," NBER Chapters,in: Import Competition and Response, pages 245-262 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mussa, Michael, 1974. "Tariffs and the Distribution of Income: The Importance of Factor Specificity, Substitutability, and Intensity in the Short and Long Run," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1191-1203, Nov.-Dec..
- Jackson, John H, 1984. "Perspectives on the Jurisprudence of International Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 277-281, May.
- Mayer, Wolfgang, 1974. "Short-Run and Long-Run Equilibrium for a Small Open Economy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(5), pages 955-967, Sept./Oct.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N & Srinivasan, T N, 1980.
"Revenue Seeking: A Generalization of the Theory of Tariffs,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(6), pages 1069-1087, December.
- J. Bhagwati & T. N. Srinivasan, 1979. "Revenue-Seeking: A Generalization of the Theory of Tariffs," Working papers 243, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N., 1980. "Lobbying and welfare," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 355-363.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1974. "The Political Economy of the Rent-Seeking Society," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 291-303, June.
- Wolfgang F. Stolper & Paul A. Samuelson, 1941. "Protection and Real Wages," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 58-73.
- Ronald Findlay & Stanislaw Wellisz, 1982. "Endogenous Tariffs, the Political Economy of Trade Restrictions, and Welfare," NBER Chapters,in: Import Competition and Response, pages 223-244 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wilfred J. Ethier & Arye L. Hillman, 2017. "The Politics of International Trade," CESifo Working Paper Series 6456, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rodríguez-Álvarez, Ana & Del Rosal, Ignacio & Baños, José, 2002.
"Rent-Seeking Measurement in Coal Mining by Means of Labour Unrest: An Application of the Distance Function,"
Efficiency Series Papers
2002/02, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Rodriguez-Alvarez, Ana & Del Rosal, Ignacio & Baños Pino, Jose, 2002. "Rent-seeking measurement in coal mining by means of labour unrest: an application of the distance function," MPRA Paper 3682, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Donges, Juergen B., 1986. "Whither international trade policies? Worries about continuing protectionism," Kiel Discussion Papers 125, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Edward E. Leamer, 1987.
"Empirical Tests of Alternative Models of International Growth,"
NBER Chapters,in: Trade and Structural Change in Pacific Asia, pages 227-270
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Edward E. Leamer, 1984. "Empirical Tests of Alternative Models of International Growth," NBER Working Papers 1414, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:elg:eechap:15325_12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Baldwin, Robert E & Magee, Christopher S, 2000.
"Is Trade Policy for Sale? Congressional Voting on Recent Trade Bills,"
Springer, vol. 105(1-2), pages 79-101, October.
- Robert E. Baldwin & Christopher S. Magee, 1998. "Is Trade Policy for Sale? Congressional Voting on Recent Trade Bills," NBER Working Papers 6376, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carter, Colin & Chadee, Doren & Darko, Kwame, 1999. "Are Subsidies to be Blamed? A Reexamination of U.S. Countervailing Duty on Hog Imports From Canada," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 823-830, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:1499. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .