Changes in the Disparities in Chronic Disease during the Course of the Twentieth Century
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Feinstein, Charles, 1988. "The Rise and Fall of the Williamson Curve," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(03), pages 699-729, September.
- Dora Costa, 2000.
"Understanding the twentieth-century decline in chronic conditions among older men,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 37(1), pages 53-72, February.
- Dora L. Costa, 1998. "Understanding the Twentieth Century Decline in Chronic Conditions Among Older Men," NBER Working Papers 6859, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Birchenall, Javier A., 2011. "Airborne diseases: Tuberculosis in the Union Army," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 325-342, April.
- Robert William Fogel, 1993. "New Sources and New Techniques for the Study of Secular Trends in Nutritional Status, Health, Mortality, and the Process of Aging," NBER Historical Working Papers 0026, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hannon, Joan Underhill, 1985. "Poor relief policy in antebellum New York state: The rise and decline of the poorhouse," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 233-256, July.
- Costa, Dora L., 2004.
"The Measure of Man and Older Age Mortality: Evidence from the Gould Sample,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 64(01), pages 1-23, March.
- Dora L. Costa, 2002. "The Measure of Man and Older Age Mortality: Evidence from the Gould Sample," NBER Working Papers 8843, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark R. Rosenzweig & T. Paul Schultz, 1988. "The Stability of Household Production Technology: A Replication," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(4), pages 535-549.
- Williamson, Jeffrey G., 1982. "Was the industrial revolution worth it? Disamenities and death in 19th century British towns," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 221-245, July.
- Hannon, Joan Underhill, 1984. "The Generosity of Antebellum Poor Relief," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(03), pages 810-821, September.
- Allen, Robert C., 1992. "Enclosure and the Yeoman: The Agricultural Development of the South Midlands 1450-1850," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198282969.
- repec:cai:popine:popu_p1977_32n1_0352 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard H. Steckel & Roderick Floud, 1997. "Health and Welfare during Industrialization," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number stec97-1, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ianina Rossi & Fernanda Tellechea & Fiorella Tramontin & Patricia Triunfo, 2007. "El estado de salud de los uruguayos," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 34(1 Year 20), pages 73-96, June.
- Fogel, Robert W, 2004. "Health, Nutrition, and Economic Growth," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(3), pages 643-658, April.
- Nils Wernerfelt & David J. G. Slusky & Richard Zeckhauser, 2017.
"Second Trimester Sunlight and Asthma: Evidence from Two Independent Studies,"
American Journal of Health Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 3(2), pages 227-253, Spring.
- Nils Wernerfelt & David Slusky & Richard Zeckhauser, 2014. "Second Trimester Sunlight and Asthma: Evidence from Two Independent Studies," NBER Working Papers 20599, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wernerfelt, Nancy & Slusky, David & Zeckhauser, Richard, 2014. "Second Trimester Sunlight and Asthma: Evidence from Two Indpendent Studies," Working Paper Series rwp14-050, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Pope, Robin, 2009. "Risk Starvation Contributes to Dementias and Depressions: Whiffs of Danger Are the Antidote," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers 9/2009, University of Bonn, Bonn Graduate School of Economics (BGSE).
- Máximo Rossi & Patricia Triunfo, 2004. "El Estado de Salud del Adulto Mayor en Uruguay," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 1404, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Okunade, Albert A., 2004. "Concepts, measures, and models of technology and technical progress in medical care and health economics," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 363-368, July.
- Sok Chul Hong, 2011. "Malaria: An Early Indicator of Later Disease and Work Level," Working Papers 1110, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University.
- Pope, Robin, 2009. "Risk starvation contributes to dementias and depressions: Whiffs of danger are the antidote," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers 28/2009, University of Bonn, Bonn Graduate School of Economics (BGSE).
More about this item
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2004-02-29 (Education)
- NEP-HEA-2004-02-29 (Health Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2004-02-29 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LTV-2004-02-29 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:10311. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .