This paper is an introductory chapter to a book that brings together 22 of my papers written between 1965 and 1981. The chapter provides a summary of each paper and a more general discussion of the role of taxation in influencing the process of capita1 accumulation. The four sections of the book are: (1) Household and Corporate Saving; (2) Portfolio Behavior; (3) Business Investment and (4) Tax Incidence in a Growing Economy.
|Date of creation:||Apr 1982|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||published as Feldstein, Martin. "The Second Best Theory Of Differential Capital Taxation," Oxford Economic Papers, 1990, v42(1), 256-267.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin Feldstein, 1983.
"Inflation, Tax Rules, and the Accumulation of Residential and Nonresidential Capital,"
in: Inflation, Tax Rules, and Capital Formation, pages 81-100
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feldstein, Martin, 1982. " Inflation, Tax Rules and the Accumulation of Residential and Nonresidential Capital," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 84(2), pages 293-311.
- Martin Feldstein, 1981. "Inflation, Tax Rules, and the Accumulation of Residential and Nonresidential Capital," NBER Working Papers 0753, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1968.
"The Effects of Income, Wealth, and Capital Gains Taxation on Risk Taking,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
248, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1969. "The Effects of Income, Wealth, and Capital Gains Taxation on Risk-Taking," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 263-83, May.
- Martin Feldstein & Charles Horioka, 1979.
"Domestic Savings and International Capital Flows,"
NBER Working Papers
0310, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Tobin, 1956. "Liquidity Preference as Behavior Towards Risk," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 14, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:0877. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.