Sterilization and Offsetting Capital Movements: Evidence from West Germany, 1960-1970
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Neumann, Manfred J. M., 1978. "Offsetting capital flows : A reexamination of the German case," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 131-142, January.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Murray, Gordon L, 1978. "Monetary Policy and Capital Inflow," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 54(146), pages 271-280, August.
- Manfred Willms, 1971. "Controlling money in an open economy: the German case," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, vol. 53(Apr), pages 10-27.
- Kouri, Pentti J K & Porter, Michael G, 1974. "International Capital Flows and Portfolio Equilibrium," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(3), pages 443-467, May/June.
- Godfrey, Leslie G, 1978. "A Note on the Use of Durbin's h Test When the Equation is Estimated by Instrumental Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 225-228, January.
- John Hewson & Eisuke Sakakibara, 1977. "The effectiveness of German controls on capital inflow," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 113(4), pages 645-666, December.
- Modigliani, Franco & Rasche, Robert & Cooper, J Philip, 1970. "Central Bank Policy, the Money Supply, and the Short-Term Rate of Interest," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 2(2), pages 166-218, May.
- Michael G. Porter, 1972. "Capital Flows as an Offset to Monetary Policy: The German Experience (Les flux de capitaux peuvent-ils mettre en Ã©chec la politique monÃ©taire? L'expÃ©rience allemande) (Los flujos de capital como ne," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(2), pages 395-424, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Monnet, Eric & Puy, Damien, 2020.
"Do old habits die hard? Central banks and the Bretton Woods gold puzzle,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 127(C).
- Eric Monnet & Damien Puy, 2019. "Do Old Habits Die Hard? Central Banks and the Bretton Woods Gold Puzzle," IMF Working Papers 2019/161, International Monetary Fund.
- Monnet, Eric & Puy, Damien, 2020. "Do Old Habits Die Hard? Central Banks and the Bretton Woods Gold Puzzle," CEPR Discussion Papers 15286, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eric Monnet & Damien Puy, 2020. "Do old habits die hard? Central banks and the Bretton Woods gold puzzle," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) halshs-02973035, HAL.
- Eric Monnet & Damien Puy, 2020. "Do old habits die hard? Central banks and the Bretton Woods gold puzzle," Post-Print halshs-02973035, HAL.
- Michael R. Darby & James R. Lothian, 1983. "V. Conclusions: Conclusions on the International Transmission of Inflation," NBER Chapters, in: The International Transmission of Inflation, pages 491-524, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael R. Darby, 1983. "Monetary Policy in the Large Open Economy," NBER Working Papers 1127, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hans Genberg & Alexander Swoboda, 1993. "The Provision of Liquidity in the Bretton Woods System," NBER Chapters, in: A Retrospective on the Bretton Woods System: Lessons for International Monetary Reform, pages 269-316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Edward Ghartey, 2006. "Exchange Pressure, Sterilized Intervention and Monetary Policy in Ghana," EcoMod2006 272100031, EcoMod.
- Alexander, Volbert & Loef, Hans-Edi, 1979. "The determinants of aggregate variables in different exchange rate systems," Discussion Papers, Series I 132, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Nouriel Roubini, 1988. "Offset and Sterilization Under Fixed Exchange Rates With An Optimizing Central Bank," NBER Working Papers 2777, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lim, Ewe Ghee & Goh, SooKhoon, 2011. "Is Malaysia exempted from impossible trinity: empirical evidence from 1991-2009," MPRA Paper 30804, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert E. Cumby & Maurice Obstfeld, 1983.
"Capital Mobility and the Scope for Sterilization: Mexico in the 1970s,"
NBER Chapters, in: Financial Policies and the World Capital Market: The Problem of Latin American Countries, pages 245-276,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Cumby & Maurice Obstfeld, 1981. "Capital mobility and the scope for sterilization: Mexico in the 1970s," International Finance Discussion Papers 187, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Robert E. Cumby & Maurice Obstfeld, 1981. "Capital Mobility and the Scope for Sterilization: Mexico in the 1970s," NBER Working Papers 0770, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pasula, Kit, 1994. "Sterilization, ricardian equivalence and structural and reduced-form estimates of the offset coefficient," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 683-699.
- Natalia Tamirisa, 2003. "Trade in Financial Services and Capital Movements," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 24(1), pages 47-66, August.
- G.L. Murray, 1980. "Balance of Payments: Monetary or monetarist approach," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 80-01, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Cooray, Arusha, 2011. "The role of the government in financial sector development," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 928-938, May.
- Campbell, Randall C. & Nagel, Gregory L., 2016. "Private information and limitations of Heckman's estimator in banking and corporate finance research," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 186-195.
- Santiago Herrera, 2000. "Determinantes y composición del endeudamiento público en Colombia," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 2110, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Giuseppe Croce & Emanuela Ghignoni, 2011.
"Overeducation and spatial flexibility in Italian local labour markets,"
145, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Croce, Giuseppe & Ghignoni, Emanuela, 2011. "Overeducation and spatial flexibility in Italian local labour markets," MPRA Paper 29670, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jessica M. Mc Lay & Roy Lay-Yee & Barry J. Milne & Peter Davis, 2015. "Regression-Style Models for Parameter Estimation in Dynamic Microsimulation: An Empirical Performance Assessment," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 8(2), pages 83-127.
- Susan Woodward, 1982. "Strike Activity and Wage Settlements," UCLA Economics Working Papers 249, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Machado, Matilde P., 2001. "Dollars and performance: treating alcohol misuse in Maine," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 639-666, July.
- Michele Fratianni & Francesco Marchionne, 2011. "The Limits to Integration," Chapters, in: Miroslav N. Jovanović (ed.), International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume I, chapter 9, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Marcela Parada-Contzen & Andrés Riquelme-Won & Felipe Vasquez-Lavin, 2013. "The value of a statistical life in Chile," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 1073-1087, December.
- Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Tselios, Vassilis & Winkler, Deborah & Farole, Thomas, 2013.
"Geography and the Determinants of Firm Exports in Indonesia,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 225-240.
- Farole, Thomas & Rodriguez-Pose, Andres & Tselios, Vassilis & Winkler, Deborah, 2013. "Geography and the Determinants of Firm Exports in Indonesia," CEPR Discussion Papers 9342, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Heather Antecol & Kelly Bedard, 2004. "The Racial Wage Gap: The Importance of Labor Force Attachment Differences across Black, Mexican, and White Men," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(2).
- Hany Eldemerdash & Hugh Metcalf & Sara Maioli, 2014. "Twin deficits: new evidence from a developing (oil vs. non-oil) countries’ perspective," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 825-851, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:0494. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.