The Superiority of Contingent Rules over Fixed Rules in Models with Rational Expectations
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Buiter, Willem H, 1981. "The Superiority of Contingent Rules over Fixed Rules in Models with Rational Expectations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(363), pages 647-670, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reinhard Neck, 1986. "Kann Stabilisierungspolitik unter Unsicherheit und Risiko "optimal" sein?," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 122(III), pages 509-534, September.
- JoAnne Morris & Tonny Lybek, 2004. "Central Bank Governance; A Survey of Boards and Management," IMF Working Papers 04/226, International Monetary Fund.
- Willem H. Buiter, 2003.
"James Tobin: An Appreciation of his Contribution to Economics,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(491), pages 585-631, November.
- Willem H. Buiter, 2003. "James Tobin: An Appreciation of his Contribution to Economics," NBER Working Papers 9753, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buiter, Willem H., 2003. "James Tobin : an appreciation of his contribution to economics," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 847, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jean-Claude Trichet, 2009. "Credible alertness revisited," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 437-460.
- William Roberds, 1986. "Solution of linear-quadratic- Gaussian dynamic games using variational methods," Staff Report 105, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Clark, Peter B. & Goodhart, Charles A. E. & Huang, Haizhou, 1999.
"Optimal monetary policy rules in a rational expectations model of the Phillips curve,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, pages 497-520.
- Haizhou Huang & Peter B Clark & Charles Goodhart, 1996. "Optimal Monetary Policy Rules in a Rational Expectations Model of the Phillips Curve," FMG Discussion Papers dp247, Financial Markets Group.
- repec:spr:scient:v:85:y:2010:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-010-0237-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Levine, Paul & Currie, David, 1985. "Optimal feedback rules in an open economy macromodel with rational expectations," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 141-163, March.
- van der Ploeg, F, 1990.
"Capital Accumulation, Inflation and Long-run Conflict in International Objectives,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, pages 501-525.
- van der Ploeg, Frederick, 1986. "Capital Accumulation, Inflation and Long-Run Conflict in International Objectives," CEPR Discussion Papers 115, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Van Der Ploeg & A., 1989. "Capital Accumulation, Inflation And Long-Run Conflict In International Objectives," Papers 8904, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- van der Ploeg, F., 1989. "Capital accumulation, inflation and long-run conflict in international objectives," Discussion Paper 1989-4, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Grafe, Clemens, 2002. "Anchor, Float or Abandon Ship: Exchange Rate Regimes for Accession Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 3184, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kenneth S. Rogoff, 1983. "Productive and counterproductive cooperative monetary policies," International Finance Discussion Papers 233, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Roberds, William, 1987. "Models of Policy under Stochastic Replanning," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(3), pages 731-755, October.
- Willem H. Buiter, 1982. "Comment on T. J. Sargent and N. Wallace: "Some Unpleasant Monetarist Arithmetic"," NBER Working Papers 0867, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michener, Ron, 1998.
"Inflation, Expectations, and Output: Lucas's Islands Revisited,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, pages 767-783.
- Panayiotis Diamantis & Dimitris Georgoutsos & George Kouretas, "undated". "The Monetary Approach To The Exchange Rate: Long-Run Relationships, Identification And Temporal Stability," Working Papers 9507, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Bali, Turan G. & Thurston, Thom B., 2002. "On the efficiency of monetary policy rules with flexible prices and rational expectations," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, pages 615-631.
- Frans Bal & Peter Nijkamp, 1997. "Exogenous and Endogenous Spatial Growth Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-022/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Perlman, Mark, 1988. "The fundamental issues in the controversy of the policy paradigms: Policies, theories, and underpinnings," Kiel Working Papers 305, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Peter von zur Muehlen, 2001. "Activist vs. non-activist monetary policy: optimal rules under extreme uncertainty," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2001-02, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Willem H. Buiter, 1983. "The Theory of Optimum Deficits and Debt," NBER Working Papers 1232, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Willem H. Buiter & Marcus H. Miller, 1983. "Costs and Benefits of an Anti-Inflationary Policy: Questions and Issues," NBER Working Papers 1252, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward Kutsoati, 2000. "Debt-Contingent Inflation Contracts and Targeting," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0009, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Jörg Bibow, 2001. "Reflections on the Current Fashion For Central Bank Independence," Macroeconomics 0108004, EconWPA.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberte:0009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .