Sustainable Forestry: Timber Bequests, Future Generations and Optimal Tax Policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Amacher, Gregory S. & Brazee, Richard J., 1997. "Designing Forest Taxes with Varying Government Preferences and Budget Targets," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 323-340, March.
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Kemp, Murray C & Long, Ngo Van, 1979. "The Under- Exploitation of Natural Resources: A Model with Overlapping Generations," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 55(150), pages 214-221, September.
- Dennis, Donald F., 1990. "A probit analysis of the harvest decision using pooled time-series and cross-sectional data," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 176-187, March.
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J, 1988. "Intergenerational Transfers and Savings," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 41-58, Spring.
- ERKKI Koskela & MARKKU Ollikainen, 1997. "Optimal Design of Forest Taxation with Multiple-Use Characteristics of Forest Stands," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 10(1), pages 41-62, July.
- Mourmouras, Alex, 1993. "Conservationist government policies and intergenerational equity in an overlapping generations model with renewable resources," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 249-268, June.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1985. "The effects of taxation on savings and risk taking," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 5, pages 265-311 Elsevier.
- Kovenock, Daniel J. & Rothschild, Michael, 1983.
"Capital gains taxation in an economy with an `Austrian sector',"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 215-256.
- Daniel J. Kovenock & Michael Rothschild, 1981. "Capital Gains Taxation in an Economy with an "Austrian Sector"," NBER Working Papers 0758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmichael, Jeffrey, 1982. "On Barro's Theorem of Debt Neutrality: The Irrelevance of Net Wealth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 202-213, March.
- Mourmouras, Alex, 1991. " Competitive Equilibria and Sustainable Growth in a Life-Cycle Model with Natural Resources," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(4), pages 585-591.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bréchet, Thierry & Lambrecht, Stéphane, 2011.
"Renewable resource and capital with a joy-of-giving resource bequest motive,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 981-994.
- BRECHET, Thierry & LAMBRECHT, Stéphane, 2011. "Renewable resource and capital with a joy-of-giving resource bequest motive," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2434, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Barua, Sepul K. & Kuuluvainen, Jari & Uusivuori, Jussi, 2011. "Taxation, life-time uncertainty and non-industrial private forest-owner's decision-making," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 267-284, August.
- Newman, D.H., 2002. "Forestry's golden rule and the development of the optimal forest rotation literature," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 5-27.
- Conway, M.Christine & Amacher, Gregory S. & Sullivan, Jay & Wear, David, 2003. "Decisions nonindustrial forest landowners make: an empirical examination," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 181-203.
More about this item
Keywordsforest taxation; sustainable development; timber bequest;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:12:y:1998:i:3:p:255-273. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .