Trusting only whom you know, knowing only whom you trust: the joint impact of social capital and trust on individuals’ economic performance and happiness in CEE countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997. "Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1251-1288.
- Sjoerd Beugelsdijk & Sjak Smulders, 2003. "Bridging and Bonding Social Capital: which type is good for economic growth?," ERSA conference papers ersa03p517, European Regional Science Association.
- Alberto Alesina & Paola Giuliano, 2010. "The power of the family," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 93-125, June.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:21:y:1987:i:1:p:528-530 is not listed on IDEAS
- Growiec, Katarzyna & Growiec, Jakub, 2014.
"Social Capital, Trust, And Multiple Equilibria In Economic Performance,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 282-315, March.
- Jakub Growiec & Katarzyna Growiec, 2009. "Social Capital, Trust, and Multiple Equilibria in Economic Performance," IBS Working Papers 2/2009, Instytut Badan Strukturalnych.
- Growiec, Katarzyna & Growiec, Jakub, 2009. "Social Capital, Trust, and Multiple Equilibria in Economic Performance," MPRA Paper 19518, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James J. Heckman & Lance J. Lochner & Petra E. Todd, 2003. "Fifty Years of Mincer Earnings Regressions," NBER Working Papers 9732, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brambor, Thomas & Clark, William Roberts & Golder, Matt, 2006. "Understanding Interaction Models: Improving Empirical Analyses," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 63-82, December.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2004.
"How Important is Methodology for the estimates of the determinants of Happiness?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(497), pages 641-659, July.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2002. "How important is Methodology for the Estimates of the Determinants of Happiness?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-024/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Growiec, Jakub & Growiec, Katarzyna, 2007. "Social Capital, Well-Being, and Earnings: Theory and Evidence from Poland," MPRA Paper 7071, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roxana Mihet, 2013.
"Effects of culture on firm risk-taking: a cross-country and cross-industry analysis,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 37(1), pages 109-151, February.
- Roxana Mihet, 2012. "Effects of Culture on Firm Risk-Taking; A Cross-Country and Cross-Industry Analysis," IMF Working Papers 12/210, International Monetary Fund.
- Borowiecki Łukasz, 2014. "Historical Roots of Generalized Trust in Polish Society," International Journal of Management and Economics, De Gruyter Open, vol. 42(1), pages 121-137, June.
More about this item
Keywordsbridging social capital; bonding social capital; social trust; CEE countries; earnings; happiness;
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-SOC-2011-10-01 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-TRA-2011-10-01 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbp:nbpmis:94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zbigniew Polański). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nbpgvpl.html .