The Effect of Land Scarcity on Farm Structure: Empirical Evidence from Mali
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Catherine Guirkinger & Jean-Philippe Platteau, 2014. "The Effect of Land Scarcity on Farm Structure: Empirical Evidence from Mali," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(2), pages 195-238.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok, 1985. "A Theory of Contractual Structure in Agriculture," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 352-367, June.
- Jean-Marie Baland & Jean-Philippe Platteau, 1998. "Division of the Commons: A Partial Assessment of the New Institutional Economics of Land Rights," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(3), pages 644-650.
- World Bank, 2008. "World Development Report 2007 Development and the Next Generation," Working Papers id:1755, eSocialSciences.
- Swain,Nigel, 1985. "Collective Farms which Work?," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521268530, May.
- von Braun, Joachim & Webb, Patrick J R, 1989. "The Impact of New Crop Technology on the Agricultural Division of Labor in a West African Setting," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(3), pages 513-534, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guirkinger, Catherine & Platteau, Jean-Philippe & Goetghebuer, Tatiana, 2015. "Productive inefficiency in extended agricultural households: Evidence from Mali," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 17-27.
- repec:eee:agisys:v:159:y:2018:i:c:p:126-138 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guirkinger, Catherine & Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 2015. "Transformation of the family farm under rising land pressure: A theoretical essay," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 112-137.
- Kazianga, Harounan & Wahhaj, Zaki, 2017.
"Intra-household resource allocation and familial ties,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 109-132.
- Harounan Kazianga & Zaki Wahhaj, 2016. "Intra-household Resource Allocation and Familial Ties," Studies in Economics 1601, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Harounan Kazianga & Zaki Wahhaj, 2016. "Intra-household Resource Allocation and Familial Ties," CSAE Working Paper Series 2016-06, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Harounan Kazianga & Zaki Wahhaj, 2016. "Intra-household Resource Allocation and Familial Ties," Economics Working Paper Series 1605, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Harounan Kazianga & Zaki Wahhaj, 2016. "Intra-household Resource Allocation and Familial Ties," Development Working Papers 408, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 28 Nov 2016.
- Goetghebuer, Tatiana, 2011. "Productive inefficiency in patriarchal family farms: evidence from Mali," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 34, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Elodie Blanc & Aurelia Lepine & Eric Strobl, 2014.
"Determinants of crop yield and profit of family farms: Evidence from the Senegal River Valley,"
2014-596, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Elodie Blanc & Aurelia Lepine & Eric Strobl, 2016. "Determinants of crop yield and profit of family farms: evidence from the Senegal River Valley," Post-Print hal-01446194, HAL.
- Bardhan, Pranab & Luca, Michael & Mookherjee, Dilip & Pino, Francisco, 2014.
"Evolution of land distribution in West Bengal 1967–2004: Role of land reform and demographic changes,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 171-190.
- Dilip Mookherjee & Pranab Bardhan & Michael Luca & Francisco Pino, 2010. "Evolution of Land Distribution in West Bengal 1967-2004: Role of Land Reform and Demographic Changes," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2010-037, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Pranab Bardhan & Michael Luca & Dilip Mookherjee & Francisco Pino, 2014. "Evolution of Land Distribution in West Bengal 1967-2004: Role of Land Reform and Demographic Changes," Harvard Business School Working Papers 14-066, Harvard Business School.
- Deininger, Klaus & Savastano, Sara & Xia, Fang, 2017. "Smallholders’ land access in Sub-Saharan Africa: A new landscape?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 78-92.
- Lambrecht, Isabel Brigitte, 2016. "“As a Husband I Will Love, Lead, and Provide.” Gendered Access to Land in Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 188-200.
- Smale, Melinda & Kergna, Alpha O. & Theriault, Veronique & Assima, Amidou & Keita, Naman, 2016. "Gender, generation and cereal crop intensification in Mali," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235544, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ouedraogo, Aissatou, 2015. "Family Structure and Intrahousehold Resource Allocation: Evidence from Mali," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205772, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Theriault, Veronique & Smale, Melinda & Haider, Hamza, 2017. "How Does Gender Affect Sustainable Intensification of Cereal Production in the West African Sahel? Evidence from Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 177-191.
- Smale, Melinda & Haider, Hamza & Theriault, Veronique, 2016. "Intensification and Intra-Household Decisions: Fertilizer Adoption on Collective and Individual Fields in Burkina Faso," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235542, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-06-25 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2011-06-25 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-DEV-2011-06-25 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nam:wpaper:1109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie-Helene Mathieu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fsfunbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.