Bureaucratic Corruption As a Constraint on Voter Choice
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Leonard Dudley & Claude Montmarquette, 1987. "Bureaucratic corruption as a constraint on voter choice," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 55(1), pages 127-160, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hettich, Walter & Winer, Stanley, 1984. "A positive model of tax structure," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 67-87, June.
- Romer, Thomas, 1975. "Individual welfare, majority voting, and the properties of a linear income tax," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 163-185, February.
- Rose-Ackerman, Susan, 1975. "The economics of corruption," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 187-203, February.
- Montmarquette, Claude, 1974.
"A Note on Income (Labor) Inequality: Income Tax Systems and Human Capital Theory,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(3), pages 620-625, May/June.
- Montmarquette, C., 1972. "A Note on Income (Labor) Inequality, Income Tax Systems and Human Capital Theory," Cahiers de recherche 7202, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Steven Shavell, 1979. "Risk Sharing and Incentives in the Principal and Agent Relationship," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 55-73, Spring.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1980.
"The Growth of Government,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(2), pages 209-287, October.
- Sam Peltzman, 1980. "The Growth of Government," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 1, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Hettich, Walter & Winer, Stanley L, 1988. "Economic and Political Foundations of Tax Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(4), pages 701-712, September.
- Allingham, Michael G. & Sandmo, Agnar, 1972. "Income tax evasion: a theoretical analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 323-338, November.
- Meltzer, Allan H & Richard, Scott F, 1981. "A Rational Theory of the Size of Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 914-927, October.
- James Kau & Paul Rubin, 1981. "The size of government," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 261-274, January.
- Schmidt, Robert M, 1983. "Who Maximizes What? A Study in Student Time Allocation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 23-28, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean Cartier-Bresson, 1992. "Éléments d'analyse pour une économie de la corruption," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 33(131), pages 581-609.
- Marco Pani, 2009. "Hold Your Nose and Vote; Why Do Some Democracies Tolerate Corruption?," IMF Working Papers 09/83, International Monetary Fund.
- Jellal, Mohamed, 2009. "Bureaucracy and Corruption Taxation Proof," MPRA Paper 17177, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lawrence Kenny & Stanley Winer, 2006. "Tax Systems in the World: An Empirical Investigation into the Importance of Tax Bases, Administration Costs, Scale and Political Regime," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 13(2), pages 181-215, May.
- Jellal, Mohamed, 2009. "Informal Sector and Taxation," MPRA Paper 17129, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ventelou, Bruno, 2001. "Équilibres et stabilité de la corruption dans un modèle de croissance : l’effet de la rémunération des politiciens," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 77(3), pages 339-356, septembre.
- Marco Pani, 2011. "Hold your nose and vote: corruption and public decisions in a representative democracy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 148(1), pages 163-196, July.
More about this item
KeywordsBureaucracy ; Corruion ; Asymmetry ; Informa Tion ; Fiscal Policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtl:montde:8635. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharon BREWER). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/demtlca.html .