Capacity Development in Higher Education Institutions in Developing Countries
HEI in developing countries face the requirement to increase performance and improve results to enlarge their contribution to socio-economic development and poverty reduction. Organizational capacity is considered a pre-requisite for this performance. Organizational capacity is enhanced by capacity development processes and activities. This paper is about capacity development in higher education institutions (HEI) in developing countries. The introduction chapter of the paper first describes the objective of the paper and the method used to realize the objective. The chapter also includes a brief introduction on systems thinking, since concepts and ideas of systems thinking are frequently used in the paper. Finally, this chapter presents an outline of the paper.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +31 43 387 08 08
Fax: +31 43 387 08 00
Web page: http://research.msm.nlEmail:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- World Bank, 2010. "Financing Higher Education in Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2448, October.
- Amy L. Pablo & Trish Reay & James R. Dewald & Ann L. Casebeer, 2007. "Identifying, Enabling and Managing Dynamic Capabilities in the Public Sector," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(5), pages 687-708, 07.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Woessmann, Ludger, 2007. "The role of education quality for economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4122, The World Bank.
- Jamil Salmi, 2009. "The Challenge of Establishing World-Class Universities," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2600, October.
- World Bank, 2009. "Accelerating Catch-up : Tertiary Education for Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2589, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:msm:wpaper:2013/30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maud de By)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.