Non-existence of equilibria with free elimination
This work is concerned in the existence problem of equilibria for economies with increasing returns to scale. The consequences of relaxing the free disposal assumption are investigated. It is sown that the free disposal assumption can not be dropped, not even relaxed to the assumption of free elimination, without risking that equilibria may fail to exist. This may give new insight to the work of Giraud (2000) and Jouini (1992), because they proved the existence of equilibria for economies without free disposal assuming the production sets to verify (even weaker forms of) free elimination.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 01 44 07 81 00
Fax: 01 44 07 81 09
Web page: http://mse.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wolfgang Härdle & Werner Hildenbrand & Michael Jerison, 1989.
"Empirical Evidence on the Law of Demand,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
264a, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Cornet, Bernard, 1988. "General equilibrium theory and increasing returns : Presentation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 103-118, April.
- Bonnisseau, J.-M. & Cornet, B., 1988.
"Existense of marginal cost pricing equilibria: the nonsmooth case,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1988015, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc & Cornet, Bernard, 1990. "Existence of Marginal Cost Pricing Equilibria: The Nonsmooth Case," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(3), pages 685-708, August.
- Gaël Giraud, 2001.
"An Algebraic Index Theorem for Non-smooth Economies,"
- GIRAUD, GaÃ«l, 2000. "An algebraic index theorem for non-smooth economies," CORE Discussion Papers 2000016, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kamiya, Kazuya, 1988.
"On the survival assumption in marginal (cost) pricing,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 261-273, April.
- Kamiya, K., 1986. "On the survival assumption in marginal cost pricing," CORE Discussion Papers 1986038, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gerard Debreu, 1961. "New Concepts and Techniques for Equilibrium Analysis," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 129, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Shafer, Wayne J, 1974. "The Nontransitive Consumer," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(5), pages 913-19, September.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521265140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jouini, Elyes, 1992. "Existence of equilibria in nonconvex economies without free disposal," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 37-42, January.
- Hamano, Tadashi, 1994. "On the existence of equilibria without convexity or free disposal on production technologies," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 565-583, November.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521388702 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jouini, Elyès, 1992. "Existence of Equilibria in Nonconvex Economies without Free Disposal," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/54, Paris Dauphine University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:wpsorb:b05057. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.