Non-existence of equilibria with free elimination
This work is concerned in the existence problem of equilibria for economies with increasing returns to scale. The consequences of relaxing the free disposal assumption are investigated. It is sown that the free disposal assumption can not be dropped, not even relaxed to the assumption of free elimination, without risking that equilibria may fail to exist. This may give new insight to the work of Giraud (2000) and Jouini (1992), because they proved the existence of equilibria for economies without free disposal assuming the production sets to verify (even weaker forms of) free elimination.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques 2005.57 - ISSN : 1624-0340. 2005|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00195903|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haerdle,W. Hildenbrand,W. Jerison,M., 1988.
"Empirical evidence on the law of demand,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
193, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Wolfgang Härdle & Werner Hildenbrand & Michael Jerison, 1989. "Empirical Evidence on the Law of Demand," Discussion Paper Serie A 264a, University of Bonn, Germany.
- HARDLE, Wolfgang & HILDENBRAND, Werner & JERISON, Michael, . "Empirical evidence on the law of demand," CORE Discussion Papers RP 968, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc & Cornet, Bernard, 1990.
"Existence of Marginal Cost Pricing Equilibria: The Nonsmooth Case,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(3), pages 685-708, August.
- Bonnisseau, J.-M. & Cornet, B., 1988. "Existense of marginal cost pricing equilibria: the nonsmooth case," CORE Discussion Papers 1988015, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Shafer, Wayne J, 1974. "The Nontransitive Consumer," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(5), pages 913-19, September.
- Mas-Colell,Andreu, 1985.
"The Theory of General Economic Equilibrium,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521265140, 1.
- Kamiya, K., 1986.
"On the survival assumption in marginal cost pricing,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1986038, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kamiya, Kazuya, 1988. "On the survival assumption in marginal (cost) pricing," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 261-273, April.
- Hamano, Tadashi, 1994. "On the existence of equilibria without convexity or free disposal on production technologies," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 565-583, November.
- Jouini, Elyes, 1992. "Existence of equilibria in nonconvex economies without free disposal," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 37-42, January.
- Cornet, Bernard, 1988. "General equilibrium theory and increasing returns : Presentation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 103-118, April.
- Jouini, Elyès, 1992. "Existence of Equilibria in Nonconvex Economies without Free Disposal," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/54, Paris Dauphine University.
- Gerard Debreu, 1961. "New Concepts and Techniques for Equilibrium Analysis," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 129, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Gaël Giraud, 2001.
"An Algebraic Index Theorem for Non-smooth Economies,"
- GIRAUD, GaÃ«l, 2000. "An algebraic index theorem for non-smooth economies," CORE Discussion Papers 2000016, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:cesptp:halshs-00195903. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.