Cycles and Corporate Investment: Direct Tests Using Survey Data on Banks’ Lending Practices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christina D. Romer, 1990. "The Great Crash and the Onset of the Great Depression," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(3), pages 597-624.
- Jakob B Madsen & E Philip Davis, 2006.
"Equity Prices, Productivity Growth and 'The New Economy',"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(513), pages 791-811, July.
- Jakob B Madsen & E Philip Davis, 2003. "Equity Prices, Productivity Growth, And ‘The New Economy’," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 03-04, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Jakob B. Madsen & E. Philip Davis, 2004. "Equity Prices, Productivity Growth and 'The New Economy," FRU Working Papers 2004/11, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Finance Research Unit.
- Jakob B. Madsen & E. Philip Davis, 2004. "Equity Prices, Productivity Growth, and the 'New Economy'," EPRU Working Paper Series 04-05, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Jakob B Madsen & E Philip Davis, 2003. "Equity Prices, Productivity Growth, And ‘The New Economy’," Public Policy Discussion Papers 03-04, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1983. "Dynamic Effects of a Shift in Savings; The Role of Firms," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(5), pages 1583-1591, September.
- Bacchetta, Philippe & Caminal, Ramon, 2000.
"Do capital market imperfections exacerbate output fluctuations?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 449-468, March.
- Philippe BACCHETTA & CRamon CAMINAL, 1996. "Do Capital Market Imperfections Exacerbate Output Fluctuations ?," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9612, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Bacchetta, Philippe & Caminal, Ramon, 1996. "Do Capital Market Imperfections Exacerbate Output Fluctuations?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1422, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1988. "Money, Credit, and Business Fluctuations," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 64(187), pages 307-322, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Madsen, Jakob B. & Carrington, Sarah J., 2012. "Credit cycles and corporate investment: Direct tests using survey data on banks’ lending practices," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 429-440.
More about this item
Keywordscredit constraints; corporate investment; Tobin’s q;
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-10-09 (Banking)
- NEP-HME-2011-10-09 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-MAC-2011-10-09 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mos:moswps:2011-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simon Angus). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dxmonau.html .