Identifying I(0) Series in Macro-panels: Are Sequential Panel Selection Methods Useful?
Sequential panel selection methods (spsms) are based on the repeated application of panel unit root tests and are increasingly used to identify I (0) time series in macro- panels. We check the reliability of spsms by using Monte Carlo simulations based on generating the individual test statistics and the p values to be combined into panel unit root tests, both under the unit root null and under selected local alternatives. The analysis is carried out considering both independent and dependent test statistics. We show that spsms do not possess better classification performances than conventional univariate tests.
|Date of creation:||29 Mar 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via De Sanctis, 86100 Campobasso|
Web page: http://www.unimol.it
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Tom Doan, . "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Costantini, Mauro & Lupi, Claudio, 2011.
"A Simple Panel-CADF Test for Unit Roots,"
261, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Hanck, Christoph, 2008. "The Error-in-Rejection Probability of meta-analytic panel tests," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 27-30, October.
- Maddala, G S & Wu, Shaowen, 1999. " A Comparative Study of Unit Root Tests with Panel Data and a New Simple Test," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(0), pages 631-52, Special I.
- Choi, In, 2001. "Unit root tests for panel data," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 249-272, April.
- Matei Demetrescu & Uwe Hassler & Adina-Ioana Tarcolea, 2006. "Combining Significance of Correlated Statistics with Application to Panel Data," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 68(5), pages 647-663, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mol:ecsdps:esdp14073. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Lupi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.