Exports and Italy’s economic development: a long-run perspective (1863-2004)
This paper investigates the relationship between real export and real GDP in Italy from 1863 to 2004 by using cointegration analysis and causality tests. The outcome suggests that these variables comove in the long run but the direction of causality depends on the level of economic development: in the period prior to WW1 the growth of the Italian economy led that of exports, while in the post-WW2 period the causal relationship was reversed with the expansion of exports that determined the growth of the Italian economy
|Date of creation:||May 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.recent.unimore.it/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marina Murat & Barbara Pistoresi & Alberto Rinaldi, 2011.
"Transnational social capital and FDI.Evidence from Italian associations worldwide,"
Department of Economics
0654, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Marina Murat & Barbara Pistoresi & Alberto Rinaldi, 2011. "Transnational Social Capital And Fdi: Evidence From Italian Associations Worldwide," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 36(4), pages 1-15, December.
- Marina Murat & Barbara Pistoresi & Alberto Rinaldi, 2011. "Transnational social capital and FDI. Evidence from Italian associations worldwide," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 058, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Giuseppe Marotta, 1997. "Does trade credit redistribution thwart monetary policy? Evidence from Italy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(12), pages 1619-1629.
- Ciccarelli, Carlo & Fenoaltea, Stefano, 2007. "Business fluctuations in Italy, 1861-1913: The new evidence," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 432-451, July.
- Marina Murat & Barbara Pistoresi, 2006.
"Emigrants and immigrants networks in FDI,"
Department of Economics
0546, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mod:recent:061. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.