Gibbs Samplers for a Set of Seemingly Unrelated Regressions
Bayesian estimation of a collection of seemingly unrelated regressions, referred to as a ‘set of seemingly unrelated regressions’ is considered. The collection of seemingly unrelated regressions is linked by common coefficients and/or a common error covariance matrix. Gibbs samplers useful for estimating posterior quantities are described and applied to two examples – a set of linear expenditure functions and a cost function and share equations from production theory.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, The University of Melbourne, 4th Floor, FBE Building, Level 4, 111 Barry Street. Victoria, 3010, Australia|
Phone: +61 3 8344 8560
Fax: +61 3 8344 6899
Web page: http://fbe.unimelb.edu.au/economics
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lluch, Constantino, 1973. "The extended linear expenditure system," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 21-32, April.
- Smith, Michael & Kohn, Robert, 2000.
"Nonparametric seemingly unrelated regression,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 257-281, October.
- Smith, M. & Kohn, R., 1998. "Nonparametric Seemingly Unrelated Regression," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 7/98, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Chotikapanich, D. & Griffiths, W.E. & Skeels, C.L., 2001. "Sample Size Requirements for Estimation in SUR Models," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 794, The University of Melbourne.
- Badi Baltagi & Alain Pirotte, 2011. "Seemingly unrelated regressions with spatial error components," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 5-49, February.
- Baltagi B-H. & Pirotte, 2010. "Seemingly Unrelated Regressions With Spatial Error Components," Working Papers ERMES 0902, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Alain Pirotte, 2010. "Seemingly Unrelated Regressions with Spatial Error Components," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 125, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Kloek, Tuen & van Dijk, Herman K, 1978. "Bayesian Estimates of Equation System Parameters: An Application of Integration by Monte Carlo," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Richard, J. -F. & Tompa, H., 1980. "On the evaluation of poly-t density functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 335-351, April.
- RICHARD, Jean-François & TOMPA, Hans, "undated". "On the evaluation of poly-t density functions," CORE Discussion Papers RP 395, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Chib, Siddhartha & Greenberg, Edward, 1995. "Hierarchical analysis of SUR models with extensions to correlated serial errors and time-varying parameter models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 339-360, August.
- Griffiths, William E. & O'Donnell, Christopher J. & Cruz, Agustina Tan, 2000. "Imposing regularity conditions on a system of cost and factor share equations," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 44(1), March.
- Griffiths, William E. & O'Donnell, Christopher J. & Cruz, Agustina Tan, 1999. "Imposing Regularity Conditions On A System Of Cost And Factor Share Equations," Working Papers 12925, University of New England, School of Economics.
- Srivastava, V. K. & Dwivedi, T. D., 1979. "Estimation of seemingly unrelated regression equations : A brief survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 15-32, April.
- Kakwani, Nanak C, 1977. "On the Estimation of Consumer Unit Scales," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 59(4), pages 507-510, November.
- Griffiths, William E & Chotikapanich, Duangkamon, 1997. "Bayesian Methodology for Imposing Inequality Constraints on a Linear Expenditure System with Demographic Factors," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(69), pages 321-341, December.
- Richard, J. F. & Steel, M. F. J., 1988. "Bayesian analysis of systems of seemingly unrelated regression equations under a recursive extended natural conjugate prior density," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 7-37.
- Bauwens, Luc & Richard, Jean-Francois, 1985. "A 1-1 poly-t random variable generator with application to Monte Carlo integration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 19-46.
- BAUWENS, Luc & RICHARD, Jean-François, "undated". "A 1-1 poly-t random variable generator with application to Monte Carlo integration," CORE Discussion Papers RP 644, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Griffiths, W.E. & Valenzuela, R., 2001. "Estimating Costs of Children from Micro-Unit Records: A New Procedure Applied to Australian Data," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 795, The University of Melbourne.
- Smith M. & Kohn R., 2002. "Parsimonious Covariance Matrix Estimation for Longitudinal Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 1141-1153, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mlb:wpaper:912. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Muntasha Meemnun Khan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.