Gibbs Samplers for a Set of Seemingly Unrelated Regressions
Bayesian estimation of a collection of seemingly unrelated regressions, referred to as a ‘set of seemingly unrelated regressions’ is considered. The collection of seemingly unrelated regressions is linked by common coefficients and/or a common error covariance matrix. Gibbs samplers useful for estimating posterior quantities are described and applied to two examples – a set of linear expenditure functions and a cost function and share equations from production theory.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, The University of Melbourne, 4th Floor, FBE Building, Level 4, 111 Barry Street. Victoria, 3010, Australia|
Phone: +61 3 8344 8560
Fax: +61 3 8344 6899
Web page: http://fbe.unimelb.edu.au/economics
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Badi Baltagi & Alain Pirotte, 2011.
"Seemingly unrelated regressions with spatial error components,"
Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 5-49, February.
- Baltagi B-H. & Pirotte, 2010. "Seemingly Unrelated Regressions With Spatial Error Components," Working Papers ERMES 0902, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Alain Pirotte, 2010. "Seemingly Unrelated Regressions with Spatial Error Components," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 125, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Richard, J. -F. & Tompa, H., 1980. "On the evaluation of poly-t density functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 335-351, April.
- RICHARD, Jean-François & TOMPA, Hans, "undated". "On the evaluation of poly-t density functions," CORE Discussion Papers RP 395, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Griffiths, William E. & O'Donnell, Christopher J. & Cruz, Agustina Tan, 2000. "Imposing regularity conditions on a system of cost and factor share equations," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 44(1), March.
- Griffiths, William E. & O'Donnell, Christopher J. & Cruz, Agustina Tan, 1999. "Imposing Regularity Conditions On A System Of Cost And Factor Share Equations," Working Papers 12925, University of New England, School of Economics.
- Kakwani, Nanak C, 1977. "On the Estimation of Consumer Unit Scales," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 59(4), pages 507-510, November.
- Smith, Michael & Kohn, Robert, 2000. "Nonparametric seemingly unrelated regression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 257-281, October.
- Smith, M. & Kohn, R., 1998. "Nonparametric Seemingly Unrelated Regression," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 7/98, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Richard, J. F. & Steel, M. F. J., 1988. "Bayesian analysis of systems of seemingly unrelated regression equations under a recursive extended natural conjugate prior density," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 7-37.
- Bauwens, Luc & Richard, Jean-Francois, 1985. "A 1-1 poly-t random variable generator with application to Monte Carlo integration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 19-46.
- BAUWENS, Luc & RICHARD, Jean-François, "undated". "A 1-1 poly-t random variable generator with application to Monte Carlo integration," CORE Discussion Papers RP 644, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Smith M. & Kohn R., 2002. "Parsimonious Covariance Matrix Estimation for Longitudinal Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 1141-1153, December.
- Lluch, Constantino, 1973. "The extended linear expenditure system," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 21-32, April.
- Chotikapanich, D. & Griffiths, W.E. & Skeels, C.L., 2001. "Sample Size Requirements for Estimation in SUR Models," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 794, The University of Melbourne.
- Kloek, Tuen & van Dijk, Herman K, 1978. "Bayesian Estimates of Equation System Parameters: An Application of Integration by Monte Carlo," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Greenberg, Edward, 1995. "Hierarchical analysis of SUR models with extensions to correlated serial errors and time-varying parameter models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 339-360, August.
- Srivastava, V. K. & Dwivedi, T. D., 1979. "Estimation of seemingly unrelated regression equations : A brief survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 15-32, April.
- Griffiths, William E & Chotikapanich, Duangkamon, 1997. "Bayesian Methodology for Imposing Inequality Constraints on a Linear Expenditure System with Demographic Factors," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(69), pages 321-341, December.
- Griffiths, W.E. & Valenzuela, R., 2001. "Estimating Costs of Children from Micro-Unit Records: A New Procedure Applied to Australian Data," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 795, The University of Melbourne. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mlb:wpaper:912. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Muntasha Meemnun Khan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.