Sample Size Requirements for Estimation in SUR Models
This paper explores sample size requirements for the estimation of SUR models by (two-stage) feasible generalized least squares, maximum likelihood and Bayesian methods. It is found that the sample size requirements presented in standard treatments of SUR models are incomplete and potentially misleading. It is also demonstrated that likelihood-based methods potentially require larger sample sizes than does the two-stage estimator considered in this paper.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, The University of Melbourne, 4th Floor, FBE Building, Level 4, 111 Barry Street. Victoria, 3010, Australia|
Phone: +61 3 8344 5355
Fax: +61 3 8344 6899
Web page: http://fbe.unimelb.edu.au/economics
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chib, Siddhartha & Greenberg, Edward, 1996.
"Markov Chain Monte Carlo Simulation Methods in Econometrics,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 409-431, August.
- Siddhartha Chib & Edward Greenberg, 1994. "Markov Chain Monte Carlo Simulation Methods in Econometrics," Econometrics 9408001, EconWPA, revised 24 Oct 1994.
- repec:cup:etheor:v:12:y:1996:i:3:p:409-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Denzil Fiebig & Jae Kim, 2000. "Estimation and inference in sur models when the number of equations is large," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 105-130.
- Phillips, Peter C B, 1985. "The Exact Distribution of the SUR Estimator," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(4), pages 745-56, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mlb:wpaper:794. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katherine Perez)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.