Quantal Response Equilibrium with Non-Monotone Probabilities: A Dynamic Approach
Abstract In this paper I will give an example of a population game and of a locally improving stochastic learning process such that the quantal response equilibrium assigns to the different strategies the probabilities that are non-monotone in the payoffs. Moreover, if the initial state probabilities are payoff-monotone, then the learning can be shown the shrink mistakes in one direction and exacerbate them in the other direction.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +61 3 8344 5355
Fax: +61 3 8344 6899
Web page: http://www.economics.unimelb.edu.auEmail:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Suren Basov, 2003.
"Bounded Rationality:Static Versus Dynamic Approaches,"
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
874, The University of Melbourne.
- Suren Basov, 2005. "Bounded rationality: static versus dynamic approaches," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 871-885, 06.
- Suren Basov, 2002. "Bounded Rationality: Static versus Dynamic Approach," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 864, The University of Melbourne.
- Offerman, Theo & Schram, Arthur & Sonnemans, Joep, 1998. "Quantal response models in step-level public good games," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 89-100, February.
- Chen, H.-C. & Friedman, J. W. & Thisse, J.-F., .
"Boundedly rational Nash equilibrium: a probabilistic choice approach,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1248, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Chen, Hsiao-Chi & Friedman, James W. & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1997. "Boundedly Rational Nash Equilibrium: A Probabilistic Choice Approach," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 32-54, January.
- CHEN, Hsiao-Ch. & FRIEDMAN, J.W. & THISSE, Jacques-Francois, 1996. "Boundedly Rational Nash Equilibrium: A Probabilistic Choice Approach," CORE Discussion Papers 1996044, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- McKelvey Richard D. & Palfrey Thomas R., 1995. "Quantal Response Equilibria for Normal Form Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 6-38, July.
- Simon P. Anderson & Jacob K. Goeree & Charles A. Holt, 1998. "Rent Seeking with Bounded Rationality: An Analysis of the All-Pay Auction," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(4), pages 828-853, August.
- Richard Mckelvey & Thomas Palfrey, 1998. "Quantal Response Equilibria for Extensive Form Games," Experimental Economics, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 9-41, June.
- Anderson, Simon P. & Goeree, Jacob K. & Holt, Charles A., 2001. "Minimum-Effort Coordination Games: Stochastic Potential and Logit Equilibrium," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 177-199, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mlb:wpaper:880. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aminata Doumbia)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.