Public enterprise in the modern western world: an historical analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Domberger, Simon & Piggott, John, 1986. "Privatization Policies and Public Enterprise: A Survey," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 62(177), pages 145-162, June.
- Jules Moch, 1938. "Thoughts On The Nationalization Of Enterprises," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 308-327, July.
- Wallsten, Scott, 2005. "Returning to Victorian Competition, Ownership, and Regulation: An Empirical Study of European Telecommunications at the Turn of the Twentieth Century," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 65(03), pages 693-722, September.
- Headrick, Daniel R. & Griset, Pascal, 2001. "Submarine Telegraph Cables: Business and Politics, 1838–1939," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 75(03), pages 543-578, September.
- Mary Oâ€™Mahony & Michela Vecchi, 2001. "The Electricity Supply Industry: A Study of an Industry in Transition," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 177(1), pages 85-99, July.
- Foreman-Peck, James & Millward, Robert, 1994. "Public and Private Ownership of British Industry 1820-1990," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198203599.
- Robert Millward, 2006. "Business and government in electricity network integration in Western Europe, c.1900-1950," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(4), pages 479-500.
- Borchardt,Knut, 1991. "Perspectives on Modern German Economic History and Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521363105, April.
- Bogart, Dan, 2009. "Nationalizations and the Development of Transport Systems: Cross-Country Evidence from Railroad Networks, 1860–1912," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 69(01), pages 202-237, March.
- Anchordoguy, Marie, 2001. "Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Company (NTT) and the Building of a Telecommunications Industry in Japan," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 75(03), pages 507-541, September.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
- Robert Millward, 2011. "The Institutional Economic History of Infrastructure Industries, 1830–1990: Ideology, Technology, Geopolitics?," Chapters,in: International Handbook of Network Industries, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Borchardt,Knut, 1991. "Perspectives on Modern German Economic History and Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521368582, April.
- Dunham, Arthur L., 1941. "How the First French Railways Were Planned," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 12-25, May.
More about this item
KeywordsState enterprise; economic development; municipalities; political unification; defence; political geography; universal services; fair prices; natural monopoly; regulatory regimes; socialism;
- N00 - Economic History - - General - - - General
- N01 - Economic History - - General - - - Development of the Discipline: Historiographical; Sources and Methods
- N30 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - General, International, or Comparative
- N40 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - General, International, or Comparative
- N70 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - General, International, or Comparative
- N80 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - General, International, or Comparative
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mil:wpdepa:2010-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (DEMM Working Papers). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .