A field experiment on the effect of .99 price endings
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hackl, Franz & Kummer, Michael E. & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2014.
"99 Cent: Price points in e-commerce,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 12-27.
- Franz Hackl & Michael E. Kummer & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2010. "99 cent: Price Points in E-Commerce," Economics working papers 2010-02, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Hackl, Franz & Kummer, Michael E. & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2010. "99 cent: Price points in e-commerce," ZEW Discussion Papers 10-022, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Schindler, Robert M & Kirby, Patrick N, 1997. " Patterns of Rightmost Digits Used in Advertised Prices: Implications for Nine-Ending Effects," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(2), pages 192-201, September.
- Stiving, Mark & Winer, Russell S, 1997. " An Empirical Analysis of Price Endings with Scanner Data," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 57-67, June.
- Manoj Thomas & Vicki Morwitz, 2005. "Penny Wise and Pound Foolish: The Left-Digit Effect in Price Cognition," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 54-64, June.
- Kaushik Basu, 2006. "Consumer Cognition and Pricing in the Nines in Oligopolistic Markets," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 125-141, March.
More about this item
KeywordsPrice ending; field experiment;
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- M3 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mil:wpdepa:2009-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (DEMM Working Papers). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .